Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Location: Durham, North Carolina
2059 Torredge Road, Durham, NC 27712
Long Term Care Experience Needed
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Responsible for the financial functions of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Recruits, hires, provides orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out the responsibilities of the Business Office. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
• Monitors billing and collection activities.
• Assures proper accounting procedures and controls are in place and followed.
• Analyzes collections on a monthly basis. Assesses level of bad debt reserves, reviews and recommends write-offs.
• Ensures procedures are followed to achieve an accurate and timely closing at month end.
• Ensures all required records are maintained and submitted, as appropriate, in an accurate and timely manner and in compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration / Accounting preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in third party billing / collections with at least one (1) year experience in a supervisory capacity required.
• Proficient in the use of a personal computer.
Supervises the Business Office staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Working in normal office environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift objects of 10 to 25 lbs. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident’s protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law. Adheres to and oversees communication of privacy guidelines relative to the confidentiality of residents' protected health information.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of employment for certain key positions. Accommodation requests for disabilities/religious reasons will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
See job description
J. F. White Contracting Co.