Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
Location: Andover, Massachusetts
|# of Openings||
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
Our busy, growing Andover, MA office is recruiting an experienced Senior Fire Protection Engineer to lead the design of Fire Protection systems for a wide range of building project types concurrently and provide technical leadership and mentoring for our design staff. The Senior Fire Protection Engineer will discuss system concept and product options with the client in the early stages of the design process, develop the design and have a hands-on role in preparing Construction Documents and providing Construction Administration services. The Senior Fire Protection Engineer will interact positively with clients and build relationships with client peers.
Ideal candidates will have 10+ years of relevant experience. Project experience and relationships in the healthcare, science and technology, higher education, corporate, and government markets are highly valued.
* Assists Group Leader(s) and Project Managers with project planning, managing schedules, and budgets to complete work on time and profitably.
* Has a role in conceptualizing design of the project and discussing the design with the client.
* Prepares advanced planning studies, drawings or sketches as required.
* Visits project sites to confirm existing conditions, gather information, meet with clients, and observe construction; overnight travel may be required.
* Leads the development of the Fire Protection design and preparation of drawings, specifications, and cost estimates based on project parameters and in compliance with contract requirements for concurrent projects.
* Performs calculations as well as operates various software packages related to the Fire Protection portions of the design package.
* Is able to lead the Fire Protection design of unique and complex projects.
* Conducts quality control review of Fire Protection design work done by other NV5 staff.
* Maintains knowledge of current building codes.
* Participates in the Construction Administration process including resolving field problems occurring during construction.
* Interfaces positively with clients and must have good interpersonal skills.
* Performs whatever small tasks need to be done from time to time to assist the office in meeting deliverable commitments.
* A BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering school is highly valued.
* Ideal candidates will have 10+ years of relevant experience. Must have at least five (5) years of experience in the consulting engineer field including developing plans and specifications.
* Project experience and relationships in the healthcare, science and technology, higher education, corporate, and government markets are highly valued.
* Must have a thorough understanding of the principles of Fire Protection systems design..
* Must have knowledge of life safety and building codes, including NFPA codes applying to specialty gases.
* Knowledge of American Society for Health Care Engineering (ASHE) guidelines applying to hospitals and outpatient facilities is highly valued.
* Knowledge of Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) Handbook of Fire Protection Engineering is highly valued.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient with use of Microsoft Office Suite.
* Proficient with use of design software common in our industry.
* Ability to use AutoCAD MEP and Revit productively is highly valued.
* PE registration is required.
* Certification for Water-Based Fire Protection Systems, Level III or IV, from the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) is highly valued.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Schneider Electric USA, Inc
Schneider Electric USA, Inc