It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Provides therapeutic psychological counseling at Knights of Columbus Developmental Center.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Assesses a patient's psychological status and provides appropriate interventions and treatments.
- Collaborates with nursing and ancillary services to provide appropriate psychological therapy for patient. Refers patients to other disciplines for consult and evaluations as indicated.
- Provides psychological expertise and education to multidisciplinary team. Acts as resource to other disciplines.
- Communicates complex/sensitive information to patients and medical team.
- Administers and interprets psychological tests used for diagnosing mental and personality disorders and differentiating between organic and functional cases of behavior disorders.
- Carries out ongoing record keeping and case review of all psychotherapy work in compliance with state guidelines.
- Provides assessment (by telephone and in person) of suicidal and homicidal risk and immediacy of crisis situations.
- Provides a continuum of short and long term psychotherapy to individuals, couples families and groups, based on individualized treatment plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D or Psy.D in Psychology or related field
Licenses / Certifications:
Psychologist - State of Work Location
Day Shift (United States of America)
21330010 Knight of Columbus Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here