Posted in Other 17 days ago.
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Title: Head Coach, Cheerleading
The Head Coach, Cheerleading will administer the cheerleading and mascot programs at Duke University, as well as the community outreach efforts.
· Bachelor's degree required
· Prior collegiate cheer coaching experience preferable.
· AACA (American Association of Cheerleader Coaches & Administrators) Certification
· A commitment to knowing and complying with NCAA, ACC and institutional rules.
1. Manage the daily operation of all spirit programs at Duke University, including cheerleaders and the Blue Devil mascot program.
a. Coordinate the evaluation and selection of cheerleaders and mascot on an annual basis, including making determinations regarding recruiting and selection.
b. Develop and plan routines to enhance fan engagement at events.
c. Work in partnership with strength and conditioning staff to supervise strength and conditioning program for the spirit programs.
d. Manage inventory and purchase equipment, uniforms, and other accessories for spirit programs as needed.
e. Plan spirit program trips and make necessary travel arrangements as needed with the program/sport or unit in via the Duke Athletics Travel office.
f. Implement and execute game day activities and responsibilities.
g. Coordinate public appearances for spirit programs and the Blue Devil mascot to promote the Duke brand.
h. Coordinate with the Duke University Marching Band and band director regarding songs and routines to enhance fan experience at events.
2. Ensures all assigned tasks are in compliance with department, University, ACC, and NCAA rules and regulations.
3. Perform related duties as assigned.
The above essential duties are representative of major duties of positions in this position. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
1. Proficient in Microsoft Office
2. Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
3. Highly organized and ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines
4. Strong initiative to solve problems
5. Extraordinary focus on customer service
6. Willing to work in a team atmosphere where expectations are set and managed while giving staff flexibility to do their assigned task as both a leader and/or a follower
7. Ability to work long hours including nights and weekends.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
9. Ability to successfully recruit and evaluate cheerleaders and mascots.
10. Ability to supervise and train cheerleaders, dancers, and mascots.
How to Apply: Interested Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references online at https://hr.duke.edu/careers/apply for Requisition Number 124636.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.