Posted in Other 16 days ago.
Location: Canandaigua, New York
Location - Canandaigua District
DEPARTMENT: Construction and Maintenance Electric
A Line Mechanic is committed to safety and safe work practices. These individuals are responsible to ensure the safety of themselves, coworkers, the general public, and Company property. They know and apply the fundamentals of electricity and are sensitive to the hazards involved in this discipline. They ensure the safety and reliability of the overhead electric system. They demonstrate the ability to competently and effectively perform the duties of their job including the skills to perform the operation, maintenance, and construction of the overhead electric system. They work closely with others in a team environment including interaction with employees, customers, agencies, and trade allies in the performance of their duties.
1. Safely and effectively performs any and all work associated with the operation, maintenance and construction of the overhead electric system.
2. Must have had at least three years' experience in overhead electric construction and maintenance and/or have completed a formal training program in overhead electric
construction and maintenance and/or the ability to demonstrate these skills on an appropriate test.
3. Must be able to understand and diagnose problems related to the overhead electric system and perform the work to correct these problems.
4. Safely and effectively perform operation, maintenance and construction of the underground system as equipped.
Skills and Requirements
General Requirements (additional may apply, do no apply to all positions)
In addition to possessing the specific qualifications for each job, each employee should demonstrate the ability to meet these general requirements, which include:
1. Have a satisfactory work record.
2. Execute the physical requirements to perform their job.
3. Pass job tests, obtain licenses and certificates, and computer skills applicable to the work performed.
4. Follow instructions and function in a team environment including effective interaction with supervisors, coworkers, customers, agencies, and trade allies.
5. Respond to calls outside of regular hours in all types of weather and be available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to assist or respond to applicable emergency
situations as able.
6. Comply with the rules of the Company, as applicable.
7. Ensure the safety of self, coworkers, the general public, and Company property.
8. Represent the Company in a professional manner.
9. Must have obtained a high school diploma or GED.
10. Must have a valid driver's license and possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL or other certifications or licenses required for the specific job..
11. Perform other less skilled or related work associated with their job classification.