Attention Current Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window, log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants: To be considered for one of our open positions, please complete our online employment application and submit all required attachments for each posting that is of interest. Once submitted, your application cannot be edited.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519. This email and phone number have been created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
How do you grow audiences for public media content amidst the streaming wars and linear TV declines?
At The WNET Group, we are looking for a creative, strategic thinker who can use a range of marketing, publicity and social media tools to increase viewership of our award-winning national, local and digital series across platforms.
Using a custom mix of earned, owned and paid media, influencer and partner engagement, and dynamic and engaging digital content (e.g. web and social), the Audience Engagement team delivers new audiences to a range of national PBS programming, including American Masters, Nature, Great Performances, Secrets of the Dead and more.
If you're a creative, meticulous PR or marketing professional with a minimum of 3 years of relevant, hands-on work experience, this is your chance to take your career to new levels and engage diverse audiences in meaningful, inspiring content on behalf of a leading public media producer and community-supported nonprofit institution.
The Audience Engagement Specialist will work with social media, web and series production teams to develop, execute and optimize data-driven multi-platform publicity and marketing campaigns with specific, measurable KPIs for driving viewership and increasing audiences engagement. You'll take the lead in identifying target audiences; creating messaging; and planning, managing and supporting all engagement efforts. Specific responsibilities include:
* Work closely with production teams and department leadership to identify program priorities, define goals, and support efforts to develop and maintain new audiences and engage and retain existing audiences;
* Identify, plan and oversee data-driven, creative, measurable multiplatform campaigns with earned, owned and paid media tactics;
* Conduct targeted media outreach to drive earned media coverage of projects;
* Writing for a variety of uses, including paid and organic social media, Google ads, website copy, blogs, publicity and marketing materials, and e-newsletters;
* Identify and engage appropriate thought leaders, partners and influencers to support campaign goals;
* Review and ensure alignment of series messaging in station fundraising, education and other materials;
* Clearly communicate campaign results and insights with production and station leadership and peers to drive collaboration and improve outcomes;
* Cooperatively and productively work across departments to achieve shared goals
* Twice a year, manage, plan and execute press conferences with high-profile talent and executives as part of the semiannual Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour (travel and overtime required);
* Additional duties, as assigned.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in digital marketing, audience engagement and/or publicity including experience managing digital marketing campaigns across platforms;
* Strong writing skills, including campaign reporting, media pitches, press releases, copywriting for ads, social, blogs, and more including SEO;
* Data-driven multi-platform campaign planning, execution, optimization and reporting with a strong understanding of digital analytics (Google Analytics, social media platform analytics);
* Content marketing experience including audience targeting and segmentation;
* Record of measurable improvements in Audience Engagement, Audience Development and ratings;
* Knowledge of television and/or online media business;
* Strong planning, project management and communication skills;
Candidates with experience with Office 365, Cision, Basecamp, Wordpress, Mailchimp, Constant Contact and/or Salesforce are preferred.
The WNET Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.