Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
Location: Monument, Colorado
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Direct, coordinate, and review all activities of the Microbiologists to ensure the needs of internal and external Customers are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire Microbiology resources.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Microbiology position candidates.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of micoriboloy roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Line Managers, Stakeholders, peers and team members on team member’s contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key microbiology metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create appropriate task assignments to ensure best utilization of resources while keeping the employees’ best interest in mind.
· Train and evaluate various customer requirements to make Contamination Control effective and efficient.
· Provide appropriate training to the Microbiology personnel based on the industry specifications and standards as well as customer specifications to ensure Microbiology is truly the eyes of the external customer.
· Be able to backfill the role of a Microbiology auditor if and when the need arises.
· Project a positive attitude and promote total involvement of all personnel in their daily duties.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bacelor degree in Microbiology or equivalent; and 6 years experience in manufacturing. At least one year experience in a supervisory role preferred. Experience in understanding of Doc Control systems and in other Jabil systems preferred. Training in GMP preferred. Must qualify as a “US Person” due to ITAR Requirements. US Citizenship may be required based on the business needs.
Knowledge in gamma and sterilization processes and ISO standars a plusThe anticipated pay range for this role is $63,548 - $92,086 - $120,624. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.