Posted in General Business 7 days ago.
Location: Fremont, California
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Performs manual or automated processes that ensure the correct recording of material transfers both into and out of the site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Reads Customer Order, Work Order, shipping order or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed or shipped.
· Assists shipping and receiving (as needed) unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, Moves materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
· Sorts or places materials on items or racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermine sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
· Marks materials with identifying information using appropriate method; Opens bales, crates and other containers
· Weighs or counts items for distribution with plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
· Prepares parcels for mailing.
· Keeps warehouse and work area clean by sweeping, dusting, and mopping.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.