Posted in General Business 5 days ago.
Location: Alameda, California
Every Exelixis employee is united in an ambitious cause: to launch innovative medicines that give patients and their families hope for the future. In this pursuit, we know our employees are our most valuable asset. After operating in the challenging biotech sector for 25 years, we have a proven track record of resiliency in the face of adversity. The success of our lead product has provided a solid commercial foundation allowing us to reinvigorate our research efforts, and grow our team in areas such as Drug Discovery, Clinical Development and Commercial.
As we expand our global partnerships and further reinvest in R&D to help us discover the next breakthrough for difficult-to-treat cancers, we're seeking to add talented, dedicated employees to power our mission.
Cancer is our cause. Make it yours, too.
Seeking a lab manager to assist our medicinal chemistry drug discovery team. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, resourceful and well organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage, stock, and order common inventory of lab consumables, reagents, and equipment. This may require some heavy lifting such as moving cases of solvent to the labs from outside storage.
• Receive, organize, and deliver all incoming shipments
• Chemical registration and inventory management and documentation
• CRO Compound registration
• Assist the Analytical Chemistry Director in the maintenance of laboratory instruments
• Perform additional operations and lab support duties as necessary
• Compliance with safe laboratory practices and EH&S guidelines
• BS in chemistry or a related science with one year of relevant experience
• Experience overseeing and managing daily laboratory operations
• Familiarity with compound registration and inventory database software. Experience with Cispro is a plus
• Hands on experience working with and maintenance of common laboratory equipment strongly preferred
• Excellent computer skills
• Pro-active, great attention to detail, resourceful
• Works independently
• Good interpersonal skills, flexibility and works well within a team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Works in a fast-paced/small-team environment that is growing and evolving and which requires regular reprioritization of projects while adhering to timelines and achievement of deliverables.
• Has an in-depth knowledge of the functional area.
• Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation of criteria for obtaining results.