Posted in General Business 17 days ago.
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
Title: Securities Process Analyst
Under direct supervision an Analyst in Securities Processing is responsible for the provision of validated securities pricing for the purpose of valuations, fund managers reporting and back office outsourcing. The role, part of the larger department supports team around the all Northern Trust locations, 24 hours a day.
• Ensures the data and valuation integrity of all asset information
• Review new asset information, applying knowledge of various security types to interpret and record the security on the asset file
• Research asset information on Bloomberg and FTS, ensuring accurate set up.
• Communicate with data and valuation vendors, brokers, etc. to obtain information regarding assets
• Responsible for identifying and resolving problems within established guidelines
• Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to supervisors/experts
• Works effectively as a team member but also independently
• A College or University degree and relevant work experience is preferred.
• Related Industry qualification / or studying towards, is preferred
• Good oral and written communication skills are required
• Analytical and problem solving skills are required
• Good knowledge of MS Excel is preferred
• Customer Service Orientation is required
• Industry knowledge of Financial Instruments, valuation business and regulations is preferred
• Working knowledge of NAV calculations, Corporate Actions and Hedge Funds and Bloomberg, FT Interactive Data and Telekurs is preferred