Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
Location: Brooklyn, New York
AdvantageCare Physicians (ACPNY) is one of the largest primary and specialty care practices in New York City. With more than 35 medical offices and over half a million patients across all five boroughs* and Long Island, ACPNY aspires to be a home for health for the communities we serve. This vision is accomplished through a “whole you” care approach that recognizes the physical, mental, and lifestyle factors that impact a patient’s health. When our teams of providers, nurses, and specialists work together, we can get patients in sooner, answer their questions in real time, and give them the support they need to achieve their health goals.ACPNY is also driven by a commitment to diversity, an unyielding desire to deliver high-quality care, and community-focused collaboration. By integrating these behaviors into our day-to-day operations, ACPNY strives to always create healthier futures for our patients.
*BronxDocs medical offices are affiliates of AdvantageCare Physicians.
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner to provide medical services in collaboration with our obstetrics and gynecology physicians. Join us in pursuit of high quality patient care to provide obstetrical and gynecology care services including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and population health management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Obtain and document patient history as appropriate to chief complaint or reason for visit.
• Conduct relevant physical exam and evaluate patient, documenting pertinent findings.
• Treat routine gynecological problems, such as vaginal yeast bacterial or urinary tract infections.
• Perform pap smears, screen for cervical cancer and test for sexually transmitted diseases.
• Diagnose and treat pelvic conditions.
• Conduct breast exams.
• Provide contraception such as IUD insertions, and breast self-examination and lactation
• Prescribe medication in accordance with New York State and federal law.
• Order appropriate laboratory, radiological and special examinations or tests; interpret results.
• Instruct and counsel patients by describing therapeutic regimens.
• Collaborate with other clinicians and staff members to ensure continuity of care of patients.
• Perform other job-related duties and be willing to be trained in gynecological procedures.
• Attend staff educational programs and meetings.
• Work closely and collaborate with designated Physicians for patient care.
• Nurse Practitioner
• Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN)• Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner education program registered by the New York State Education
• Seeking Nurse Practitioners with two years and above experience in obstetrics and gynecology
• Certification as a Nurse Practitioner from a New York State approved accrediting body – American
• Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), or be
• eligible for board certification.
• Must possess current, unrestricted New York State license or be eligible for licensure
• Must possess active Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration
• Must possess active Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll
• Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required but both
• strongly preferred
• Must possess strong communication skills both oral and written
• Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office
Medical Office Hours of Operation:
• Monday-Wednesday 8:00AM – 6:00PM
• Thursday 8:00AM – 8:00PM
• Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM
• Saturday 8:00AM – 1:00PM
Competitive Benefit Package
• Competitive Base Salary
• Sign-on Bonus
• Malpractice Insurance
• Continuing Medical Education (CME) Reimbursement
• Medical/Dental/Vision Health Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan