Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
Location: Houston, Texas
Functions as a member of collaborative interdisciplinary team providing comprehensive care to patients and families with complex healthcare needs that may be both predictable and unpredictable. Aims to provide care that is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient and equitable.
UTP Ob/gyn, Urogynecology Center
Memorial City Medical Plaza 3 @ 915 Gessner Road
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction.
2. Adheres to broad scope of practice as established by Nurse Practice Act.
3. Ensures the efficient operation of the clinic or unit by proper scheduling and planning for optimum use of staff and resources, maintenance of stock and supplies, and efficient and safe use of equipment.
4. Uses systematic approach to provide nursing care to patients and families/populations by performing both focused and comprehensive assessments through subjective and evidence based objective data.
5. Prioritizes, synthesizes and documents assessments and nursing plan of care using critical thinking and judgment.
6. Implements plan of care within scope of practice through assignment and monitoring of other nurses and delegation and monitoring of unlicensed staff. Initiates standing orders for prescription refills and labs as well as standing delegation orders where appropriate.
7. Develops and implements teaching plans for patients concerning maintenance, promotion and restoration of health.
8. Evaluates patients' response and outcomes to education and therapeutic interventions. Communicates effectively with collaborative team while escalating critical results and issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
9. Exercises judgment while coordinating care and referring patients to agencies or health care professionals for other services/transitions in care where indicated.
10. Performs on site and telephone triage using best practice guidelines and documentation to ensure patients receive the right level of care in the right setting at the right time by the right caregiver using the right equipment and supplies.
11. May be responsible for compiling daily or monthly reports.
12. Acts as a patient and healthcare advocate by maintaining a safe environment and promoting quality healthcare and services.
13. Respects and maintains privacy and confidentiality per HIPAA guidelines.
14. Adheres to standards of practice for professional nursing.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Current Registered Nurse Texas License required
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certified preferred
Bachelor's degree in nursing, Associate's degree in nursing, or diploma from an accredited nursing school.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215