MassBay Community College
Veterans Administrator (Part-Time)
Department: Veterans Affairs
Location: Wellesley Hills
Located in Greater Boston, MassBay is a comprehensive, open-access community college offering associate degrees .
The idealcandidate will join a vibrant and inclusive educational community, and have adesire and ability to work with a diverse population.
The Veterans Administratorevaluates and processes Department of Defense (DOD) and Department of VeteransAffairs (VA) education benefits, verifies student benefit eligibility, helpsstudents through the benefit application process, updates benefit informationon a continuous basis in DOD/VA and/or college systems, runs and review queriesto monitor student' academic progress noting any concerns, ensures the schoolmaintains compliance with all VA/DOD and state policies as they relate tomilitary educational benefits, keeps supervisor and staff informed of anypertinent changes to related military education policies, codes students andbuilds contracts according to their respective benefit programs, coordinates withthe school bookstore regarding payment information as it relates to militaryeducational programs, and ensures all supplies and work orders are processed,including for other areas as specified.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serves as a School Certifying Official (SCO) by processing VA benefits;
- Answers questions regarding the admissions process, graduation process, overall VA/military benefits process, the VA Work Study process, and transfer credit process;
- Provides administrative support services, including but not limited to, filing and purging records, processing incoming and outgoing mail, managing the front office, and ensuring that all supplies are ordered and work orders are processed;
- Facilitates the enrollment process by providing information about changes of schedules, withdrawals, refunds grading policies and procedures, and deadlines;
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position is 10 month position from September through Mid-May.
- Support MassBay's commitment to the Equity Agenda;
- Collaborating with faculty, staff, and students on the College's strategic initiatives dedicated to closing the equity gap related to student outcomes;
- Support MassBay's commitment to being anti-racist; embracing a community free of bias and inequality;
- Contribute to discussion and review of applicable College policies with a critical lens toward diversity, equity and inclusion.
This list is not to be considered all-inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties as required to meet the needs and foster the mission of the College.
All employees of MassBay are expected to work collegially and collaboratively within a community that values and celebrates diversity. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
Additional Information: Salary Range:
- Sensitivity and commitment to the goals of Affirmative Action and workforce diversity;
- Experience working in a diverse environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to working with underserved students;
- Knowledge of Veterans benefits, GI Bill, and VA Once.
$30.03 Classification Type:
Regular Employee Position Type:
Staff Application Deadline:
June 25, 2021 , or thereafter until filled.
Hiring is subject to state appropriation funding.
Final candidates are required to provide sealed transcripts and/or certifications.
Hiring is contingent upon a successful CORI clearance.
Massachusetts Bay Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's for Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Lisa MacDonald, Director of Equity Compliance, email@example.com, (781) 239-3147, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.