Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire
Unit Support Assistant, 3 West Inpatient Surgery
3x12 hour shifts, D/N rotation
3West is a 36-bed post-surgical unit that specializes in orthopedics, traumatic injury and plastic surgery. We also have two negative pressure rooms that can accommodate patients who are being ruled out for TB and who have a diagnosis of active tuberculosis or shingles. We also will see medicine overflow for patients with Cystic Fibrosis, so our population can be varied.
Responsibilities: A listing of the key responsibilities
1. Acts as unit Receptionist. Answers telephone calls and assists in the overall functioning of the unit.
2. Maintains chart information that is up-to-date, organized, and in compliance with HIS requirements.
3. Utilizes support systems and resources to document patient status and flow.
4. Ensures the unit meets safety standards, is well supplied, clean, and equipment is available and working.
5. Performs other duties as required or assigned
High school graduate or equivalent required with 2 years of relevant experience preferred.
Must be proficient in computer skills and customer service.
The ability to function in a fast-paced work environment with excellent organizational and prioritization skills is required.
Preferred proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: