Posted in Art 11 days ago.
Location: New York, New York
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper’s BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Delish. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we’re more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels—print, digital, video, and social—with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
ThePioneerWoman.com is looking for a test-kitchen assistant to join our new Birmingham-based food team. This person will assist with recipe development, testing, and styling, and will be responsible for kitchen organization and inventory. The test-kitchen assistant will also help prep for photo and video shoots and oversee all grocery shopping. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team at the ground level and help create recipes and food content that our readers will love. Candidates should have a culinary degree or experience working in a professional kitchen. Food writing experience and/or interest is a plus. For consideration, a resume must be submitted as a PDF, along with a cover letter and salary requirements.
What you’ll do:
• Prepare grocery orders and/or shop in person for development, testing and shoots
• Manage test-kitchen pantry inventory
• Prepare mis en place for recipe development and/or shoots
• Wash dishes and keep test kitchen pantry and cabinets organized
• Cross-test recipes and take detailed notes
• Assist on still and video shoots
• Input recipes into CMS with an eye for detail and accuracy
• Research and pitch trend-based recipes and food stories
• Write intro text for new recipes
• Update existing recipes on the site with new details and background info
• Monitor recipe comments on ThePioneerWoman.com
• Produce regular test-kitchen reports for the team
• Assist food director and future test-kitchen staff with expenses and scheduling
Who you are:
• Culinary degree or experience in a professional kitchen
• Experience or high interest in food writing and food styling for photo shoots
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Team player in a fast-paced environment