Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Location: Santa Clara, California
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agient.com.
The Associate VP, Corporate Strategy and Analytics is responsible for leading Agilent's market and competitive analysis function within the Strategy and Corporate Development department to further enable Agilent's enterprise growth strategies and investments. This position will be responsible for leadership and execution of analysis of markets, competitors, products and customers in order to drive strategic decision making to expand Agilent's competitive advantage. In addition to managing a small team of senior professionals, you will be deeply involved in supporting the recommendation and development of corporate objectives, strategies and long-term business plans, which include mergers, acquisitions, equity investments, alliances and divestitures.
This position is highly visible and central to our ongoing 'build and buy' strategy and will require an individual who is able to influence across Agilent's business groups and functions with multiple senior stakeholders. The ideal candidate is a naturally strategic thinker who can demonstrate innovate ways to identify and deliver insight whilst using your credibility and influence to ensure we remain focused on the right strategies.
* Develop and implement best practices in market and company analysis supporting enterprise-wide strategy and M&A initiatives, establishing approach and expanded toolset to enhance Agilent's competitive advantage through strategic insights
* Lead data-driven efforts and initiatives focused on core, adjacent and new markets for outsized-growth producing research, analysis and key insights on industry and macro trends.
* Lead the examination of strategic issues facing the business and provide recommendation on emerging opportunities.
* As an integral part of the M&A process, develop best practices in market diligence, acquisition target competitiveness, and anticipative market dynamics impacting M&A effectiveness. Assist in due diligence, support financial analyses, scenarios of projected performance.
* Cultivate and formalize a network of external SMEs and consultants while also maintaining an internal network of SMEs
* Prepare presentation materials and analysis for executive staff and board of directors' meetings and assist in the preparation of the annual strategic plan.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please email email@example.com or contact +1-262-754-5030.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.