Role and Responsibilities
CAE is hiring experienced A&P Mechanics with a General Aviation background.
- Inspects, repairs, and maintains aircraft and components including: engines, wings, fuselage, tail, landing gear, control cables, propeller and fuel system etc.
- All work is inspected and documented IAW Repair Station Manuals and Processes.
- Consults aircraft maintenance manuals and manufacturers' manuals for specifications to determine the extent of repair or replacement of part(s).
- Troubleshoot airframe and engine issues for defects and corrects any problems according to the specifications of the MFG Maintenance Manual.
- Perform Scheduled inspections on GA type aircraft.
- Perform engine replacements.
- Taxi and tug aircraft.
- Adhere to CAE's strong safety policies. This includes wearing proper PPE and reporting safety related incidents.
- Comply with CAE's repair station quality standards. Training will be provided upon hiring.
- Willing to work overtime upon request.
- Providing pass downs in our work order system at end of shift if aircraft is not being returned to service by you at the end of your shift.
- A&P License
- 2+ years General Aviation Maintenance Experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Each shift has team of mechanics, supervisor and inspector.
- Analytical mindset.
- Able to multi-task and adapt to a changing work environment.
- Pro-active and results oriented. We want your experience to grow the longer you are here.
- Experience with Piper single and multi-engine, and also Diamond Aircraft single and multi-engine.
- Must learn to use company's work order system. Training is provided upon hire
- Full set of tools
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.