Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Location: Paramount, California
United States of America
State / County
Anticipated start date
Anticipated start date - day
Anticipated start date - month
Anticipated start date - year
With more than 120 operations and about 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Wyman-Gordon is a worldwide supplier to the aerospace and industrial gas turbine markets. We hold quality accreditations for all of the major airframe and engine manufacturers for both civil and military applications. Wyman-Gordon creates rotating closed-die forgings which are critical for aerospace and land-based gas turbines. Wyman-Gordon also manufactures structural forgings for airframe, nuclear, petrochemical, power generation, and space applications.
Located in Paramount, California, Press Forge is a premium supplier of forging services and products to commercial and military aerospace, nuclear, oil and gas exploration, and industrial markets. We are the largest forger in the United States dedicated to the conversion of customer owned material. Our commitment is to process your material to your exact requirements with the flexibility and short lead times only a company our size can provide. We are the experts in material conversion and forging of titanium, steel, and high temperature alloys.
Under minimal supervision, level two forge operators perform forging tasks of intermediate complexity. Operators will setup tooling, which includes verifying highers on the die, securing tooling, verifying product dimensional requirements, and making tooling adjustments as necessary. Operators will produce first articles and complete all required documentation. Level two forge operators may operate several different types of forges, such as open and closed die, as well as work with several different material types, while demonstrating intermediate competencies in print reading, and identifying quality issues such as forge rolling and mismatch.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
* Intermediately trained in the operations involved with the operation of at least three forge presses/mills, etc.
* Intermediately trained in auxiliary systems, including ability to control the speed and tonnage without fault, as well as mechanical, hydraulic and electronic operations.
* Minimal constant supervision required.
* Know the roles and relationships of each member of the press forge crew and where they are and their responsibilities during the operation of the press.
* Knowledge of all types of material and their characteristics regarding forging.
* Ability to read and understand shop traveler, operating procedures, blueprints, and instructions regarding entering forge data into press and manipulator controls.
* Knowledge of recording forge data for future use, complete production reports and SPC documentation.
* Ability to run the press in manual and automatic modes.
* Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education
* One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Above average eye/hand coordination. Must be able to work well with others. Familiar with various equipment used in the press control booth, including press controls, computer (file storage) and keyboard, joysticks, push buttons and foot pedals.
* Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell.
* Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or balance.
* Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.