Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
Job Title: Repair Test Technician
Nature of Work:
Performs the set-up, test, and troubleshooting of System components and assemblies. Work with Engineering and Test Operators to drive Quality and efficiency within test operations. Responsible for developing Root Cause and Corrective Action for abnormal failure activity in Test environment.Determines and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams. Per sub assembly and system level functional test and debug to component level. Be able to troubleshoot rejected analog and digital assemblies down to component level. Prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems. May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
1) Works on assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation.
2) Be able to troubleshoot rejected analog and digital assemblies down to component level
3) Normally follows established procedures on routine work; requires instructions only on new assignments.
4) Must display the ability to read, understand and follow test process instructions (TPIs)
5) Must be available for OT and weekend work as required in addition to minimum 40 hr./wk
* Minimum 10years manufacturing electronic test technician experience required
* Responsible for performing production and field service returns testing and troubleshooting.
* Demonstrated detailed root cause analysis troubleshooting skills.
* The ability to evaluate and troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical instruments.
* This position requires skills for general assembly and disassembly of electronic equipment using basic hand tools.
* Requires the ability to interpret schematics and drawings, perform modifications and accomplish rework to new and used sub-assemblies and systems.
* This position requires previous experience using oscilloscopes, function generators, variable power supplies, and digital multi-meters.
* Works closely with mechanical, electrical, and optical engineers providing feedback and recommending changes to improve operation or quality of test, assembly fixtures, tooling, and processes.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity