Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Location: Huntington, West Virginia
United States of America
State / County
Anticipated start date
Anticipated start date - day
Anticipated start date - month
Anticipated start date - year
The Special Metals Corporation group of companies was created in the latter part of 1998 when Special Metals Corporation of New Hartford, New York, acquired Inco Alloys International, including its Huntington Alloys and Wiggin Alloys divisions. In 2006, Special Metals Corporation became a part of Precision Castparts Corp., a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products. With a history of alloy technology now going back some 100 years, our company continues to provide solutions to difficult materials problems through such time-tested products as our world-recognized INCONEL, INCOLOY, NIMONIC, UDIMET, MONEL and NILO alloys.
Today's Special Metals is a world leader in the invention, production and supply of the high-nickel, high-performance alloys used for the difficult jobs in engineering. These alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high-temperature corrosion resistance, toughness and strength and are used in the world's most technically demanding industries and applications. Special Metals offers the largest range of nickel alloys and product forms, as well cobalt alloys, to more than ten worldwide markets. We produce nickel alloys in all standard mill forms, from large ingots and billets to plate, sheet, strip, tubing, bar and wire, the latter of which includes core and filler wires for welding products. The company has manufacturing and research facilities in the USA and Europe, sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a distribution network including most of the industrialized countries of the world.
Special Metals Corporation is the world's premier inventor, developer and producer of nickel alloy and cobalt alloys-with a portfolio of more than 100 alloy compositions, wrought products and welding consumables, over 80 percent of which were invented in our own laboratories. All created to help redefine what's possible in the world of energy and industry.
Our time-tested nickel alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high temperature and corrosion resistance, toughness and strength for the most demanding applications. No other single manufacturer offers such a comprehensive range of game-changing alloy compositions and product forms.
Special Metals Corporation (HBE) biggest plant is located in Huntington, WV, United States and is part of the Steel Service Centers & Other Metal Wholesalers Industry. Special Metals Corporation (HBE) has 750 total employees across all of its locations.
This position entails providing support for a wide variety of activities of human resources including employee relations, and recruiting. The main responsibility of HR generalist is to advise managers, supervisors, or administrators in all HR practices, to provide information to employees about regulations, policies, and to provide general support. In general, the HR generalist performs a wide variety of both complex and routine administrative services. Also is the HRIS subject matter expert that assists with configuration of systems and provides training as needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
* Works under the direction of the Director HR and Senior HR Generalist to provide full HR generalist support.
* Assist with talent acquisition for both salaried and production positions. Help ensures that this process is fully compliant and record keeping is accurate. Schedule and coordinate interviews between staff and candidate.
* Maintain WorkDay & Kronos systems.
* Support health and welfare benefits processes including answering employee questions and communicating changes.
* Ensure compliance across the full spectrum of legal, regulatory and internal human resources expectations facing the business.
* Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Ensures own work and processes comply with all federal, state, and local legal requirements by staying informed of existing and new legislation and enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
* Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
* Responsible for entering service requests in Fidelity.
* Responsible for entering PRP's in the portal and entering adjustments in the WorkDay system.
* Process New Hires which may include preparing offer letters, coordinating drug screens, background searches and reference checking. Also includes new hire orientation and entering in the WorkDay system. Assist with processing new hire benefit enrollments.
* Process Terminations which includes generating separation notice (green ticket) for distribution and payroll; preparing termination packet and exit interview.
* Handle employee complaints and ensure accurate and timely documentation of concerns or issues.
* Facilitate actions to resolve the employee issues and escalate them to appropriate management team
* Process address changes and benefit changes.
* Assist and resolve employee's questions and problems.
* Assist with open enrollment.
* Support payroll by providing separation notices and any other payroll changes in a timely manner.
* Maintains personnel files.
* Misc. projects as requested.
Experience & Education
* Bachelor's degree.
* PHR a plus.
* Four to six years related work experience.
* Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Strong level of influence and negotiation skills.
* Able to work independently on a broad variety of projects with minimal guidance.
* Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
* Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
* Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new recruitment techniques, methods, and procedures.
* Organizing and planning
* Problem analysis and problem solving
* Judgment skills
* Critical thinking skills
* Communication skills
* Presentation skills
* Coaching skills
* Persuasive ability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.