Posted in Other 16 days ago.
Location: Maple Shade, New Jersey
As one of New Jersey's largest non-profit health systems, Virtua provides comprehensive health care services to achieve its mission to help people be well, get well and stay well.
Virtua provides services through Virtua Medical Group with 302 physicians and other clinicians, and at its urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, health and wellness centers, fitness centers, home health services, long-term care, rehabilitation centers and paramedic program.
A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers nearly 8,000 babies a year. It provides health services to 1,500 businesses, and participates in Virtua Physician Partners, a clinically integrated network of 1,400 physicians and other clinicians.
Virtua is affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neuroscience and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for pediatrics.
Virtua employs more than 9,000 and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality of care, and its hospitals earned straight A's in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and the 2016 Patient Safety Award from Healthgrades.
U.S. News and World Report ranked Virtua's Mount Holly and Voorhees hospitals as High Performing Hospitals and Voorhees as a Best Regional Hospital. Virtua is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation.
Time Type:Full time
Work Shift:1st Shift (United States of America)
Total Weekly Hours:40
Location:Maple Shafde, NJ
Schedules inpatient or outpatient procedures.
Informs patients and physician office of prep instructions or other test requirements.
Correctly identifies the patient, matches medical records, and facilitates hospital care.
* Responsible for the organized flow of patients throughout the department by accurately inputting surgical procedures and preference cards, orders.
* Acts as the key contact within the department for coordinating the admission process and scheduling surgical procedures.
* Alerts facilitator of current or potential problems and assists in resolution.
* Handles a high volume of incoming and outgoing communication from the unit while providing excellent customer service.
* Maintains medical records, stat reports, enters data into multiple data bases, and runs reports as required.
* Maintains office supplies and equipment.
* Assists in orienting new staff on scheduling and data collection processes.
* Assists with unit coverage as needed.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Previous medical clerical experience.
Understanding of medical terminology.
Computer user proficiency (data entry).
Clear communication skills.
Professional phone demeanor.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.