Posted in Engineering 8 days ago.
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
For over 60 years, SCI Technology, Inc has been a leading provider of defense and aerospace electronics design and manufacturing services. From tactical communications systems to airborne communications and information processing, we deliver high-reliability solutions that keep our first responders and war-fighters connected and protected in the field.
We are currently recruiting highly qualified candidates, whose background and career goals meet our needs, for the following position in our Huntsville, AL facility. Please note that due to our Department of Defense contract requirements, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer for Mechanical Components
The Supplier Quality Engineer for Mechanical Parts is responsible for ensuring that mechanical material used in the manufacture of goods at SCI meet or exceed the requirements of the customer and that issues with that material that arise during inspection or manufacturing are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
The role of the SQE for Mechanical products is to interface directly with suppliers, in order to develop/monitor process changes, drive supplier compliance to mechanical design requirements, provide technical guidance and assistance, as well as perform SQE activities and drive performance initiatives pertaining to mechanical components.
As a part of the Quality Team, this position will work closely with Program Management, Planning, Design engineering, CAD Engineering, Component Engineering, and other core groups within SCI.
Nature of Duties/Responsibilities:
The position provides input during the following activities:
* Investigating supplier quality issues during the manufacturing process and in MRB
* Issuing formal corrective action requests to suppliers and working with them to resolve non-conformances
* Assisting suppliers with process improvements regarding machining, painting/coating, welding, etc.
* Assisting SCI Receiving Inspection personnel for inspection criteria and defect analysis
* Conducting supplier audits on-site and review meetings, evaluating suppliers' internal functions to assess their overall capabilities
* Compiling reports on suppliers and presenting data to management
* Employing Lean Six Sigma methodology and analytics in order to accomplish business objectives
* Analyzing, creating and implementing process improvements that reduce lead-time, eliminate non-value added work, improve yields, and improve process capabilities
* This position must also be able to:
o Assist in qualifying suppliers according to company standards and may be required to travel to supplier sites for this purpose
o Develop and prioritize an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis to ensure GMP's and quality standards are met
Education and Experience:
* Degree in an Engineering discipline, or 8 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors, BS in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
* Machine Technology experience is recommended.
* Minimum of 2 years experience in an engineering discipline preferred.
* Strong experience in the mechanical engineering disciplines including, but not limited to, metal and plastic fabrication methods; surface treatments; plating and paints as related to electronic assembly manufacturing
* Candidate must have thorough understanding of blueprints and other mechanical drawings, and have the ability to read and understand the various symbols seen on those type drawings.
* Candidate must have a working knowledge of GD&T and be able to translate complex tolerances into the work environment.
* Specialized knowledge of mechanical components
* In addition to mechanical engineering experience, the candidate must have a working knowledge and be proficient in the use of manually operated hand tools.
* Machine shop and machine fabrication knowledge is preferred.
* Knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering practices with solid models and CAD is preferred.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity