Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Location: Riverside, California
Westfall Technik is a global holding company which provides innovative plastics manufacturing solutions to the healthcare, consumer package goods and light industrial vertical markets. The site locations, operating within the Westfall Technik enterprise, are internationally aligned with unmatched global reach in the industry. Our proprietary Stacked Integration Model ™ enables us to operate leveraging a high degree of specialization, extensive capacities in end-to-end design, production and assembly, and first-class references in high-end manufacturing.
Competitive advantages such as vertical integration, speed-to-market and advanced manufacturing systems allow us to streamline our processes and be a complete solution provider positively impacting our customers' business. We are powered by experienced people with diversified capabilities and specialties. We pride ourselves in developing customized solutions with precision and care. So, while there is complexity to what we do; we simplify the process to deliver a customer experience that is enjoyable and easy; providing a single point of accountability.
This simple phrase captures what Westfall Technik is all about. The statement embodies the company's commitment to total support, complete manufacturing capabilities and its bold approach. It is our internal rallying cry. It is our philosophy. Nothing half-hearted.
Associates (and Customers) can be confident that this mantra drives the organization to be nimble, scalable and comprehensive ----no matter how complex the customers' challenge.
Title: Director of Engineering
Position: Fulltime / Exempt
Location: Riverside, CA
Reports to: Vice President and General Manager
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Director of Engineering is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities in the Engineering Department and partnering with the General Manager on all engineering operations. The Director of Engineering will develop overall concepts for new products while solving technical programs that are preventing projects to be completed by establishing technical goals and producing detailed plans. They will oversee the Engineering Department and will develop and implement engineering departmental goals and strategies that support established top-level organizational objectives. They will provide manufacturing and process engineering support to the production department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supervise and lead Engineering Department
* Direct department activities and help develop policies to design new products and modify existing designs to improve manufacturability and overall product design quality and differentiation
* Direct and coordinate production, operations, quality assurance, testing, or maintenance.
* Collaborate with engineers to resolve technical issues and recommend design modifications or manufacturing solutions.
* Develop expertise in tooling for product manufacturing and selecting the appropriate manufacturing methods to meet design requirements
* Maintain a positive working relationship with direct reports, customers, vendors, and co-workers.
* Apply mechanical engineering fundamental concepts to ensure product functionality and reliability
* Guides the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
* Develop, evaluate, implement and maintain technical quality assurance and control systems or reliability systems and standards pertaining to materials, techniques, or company products.
* Manages feasibility studies of the design to determine if capable of functioning as intended.
* Monitors documentation maintenance throughout all phases of research and development.
* Organizes the coordination of activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure timely delivery.
* Provide project status reports on a timely basis
* Develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance standards for the department.
* Ensures successful product launch meeting the organization expectations as defined in the project plan.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* BS Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
* 5+ years in an engineering management role within the plastic injection molding industry .
* 7+ years of plastic injection molding related industry experience within tooling and project management (preferably within the medical device field).
* Familiar with ISO13485 requirements.
* PMP or equivalent certification in project/program management.
* Experience with facilities expansion projects.
* SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD software experience.
* Experience using IQMS or similar injection molding ERP systems.
* Possess Product and Process Development Experience.
* Possess Medical Device Manufacturing Experience.
* Experience with design control processes and regulations.
* Experience with supervision of technical team members.
*Demonstrated project management Experience.
*Must have a working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices.
*Ability to interpret and create technical drawings.
*Must have equipment and tooling design, fabrication and qualification.
*Proficient in writing, reading and editing technical documents, protocols and reports.
*Exceptional leadership skills and an ability to prioritize duties in a changing environment.
*Demonstrated management skills including structured work, training, coaching, and a teamwork approach.
*Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and effectively manage conflict.
*Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, strong Microsoft Office skills, understanding of ERP systems and excellent interpersonal skills.
*High level of energy, initiative and results orientation.
*Ability to work in a diverse, global corporate team with management at all levels.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
*Regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
*Frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
*The employee is occasionally required to sit.
*Frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward.
*Frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job.
*Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
*Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is usually within a manufacturing facility with moderate noise level. Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Westfall -Technik is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age for individuals age 40 and over, medical condition (as defined by state law (for example, cancer or genetic characteristics or HIV/AIDS), marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment