Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Location: Westfield Center, Ohio
We're an insurance company. With two golf courses. A party center. And an inn.
And we're looking for smart, prompt and courteous team players who are interested in part time or seasonal employment. Join a team where you can learn new things and meet interesting people. It's an exciting place to work with great benefits!
Westfield Insurance has been around since 1848 and has a long-standing reputation for helping customers and the communities we serve. .
Location: Westfield Center, OH
$14.00 an hour
Average of 35hours/week
Must be available to work a variable schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
The Bartender, as directed, provides guests with beer, wine, cocktails and other beverage services at Westfield Country Club, Blair Conference Center, Corporate Dining, Westfield Inn, and offsite catering locations. Bartenders sustain a high level of customer service through demonstration of working bartender knowledge and courteous, professional customer interaction. Bartenders will adhere to Westfield Universal Standards and ensure all certifications and trainings are maintained.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Provides guests with beer, wine, cocktails, and other beverage services according to recipes using appropriate pour amounts and glassware at Westfield Country Club, Blair Conference Center, Corporate Dining, Westfield Inn, and offsite catering locations.
2. Sustains a high level of customer service through friendly interaction and conversations with guests.
3. Collaborates with other hospitality team members as needed to ensure a high level of customer service is provided.
4. Makes recommendations on beverage selections based on knowledge of menu and products.
5. Verifies age of guest through a valid photo ID for any alcohol requests.
6. Monitors the alcohol intake of guests and takes necessary steps to avoid excessive alcohol consumption or overserving of guests in accordance to ServSafe trainings.
7. Maintains a sense of professionalism at all times in appearance and manner is during guest interaction. This includes adhering to all of Westfield Universal Standards and Standard Operating Procedures.
8. Communicates with the Culinary team regarding the menu and special request items.
9. Understands how each Hospitality location operates and ensures thorough knowledge of event specifics.
10. Maintains a clean, stocked and sanitized bar.
11. Maintains quality and function of equipment and storage spaces by following correct operating and cleaning procedures,
12. Works where assigned, including on and off campus catering events.
13. Attends training sessions as required. Complies with all OSHA and Westfield safety/ health training/ certification standards within required timeframes.
14. Consistently reports to work on time and completes shifts as scheduled.
15. May travel between Westfield on campus facilities as needed.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Must be 21 years of age or older due to the serving of alcoholic beverages.
2. Minimum of 6 months bartending experience.
3. Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Experience working independently as well as within a team environment.
5. Focus and commitment to customer satisfaction.
6. Valid driver's license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to remain on feet, standing, walking, and climbing stairs for the majority of the workday.
* Ability to maintain movement, bend, reach, lift and carry 40lbs.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* Ability to travel to assigned work locations as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.