Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Location: Plano, Texas
Looking for career opportunities, an employer who develops their people, a place to make your mark? If so, we are looking for you. MEI Rigging & Crating is a professional machinery moving company. We are a leader in our field and we provide quality machinery moving services to our clients ranging from Automotive, Social Media, and Aerospace companies to every industry in between. MEI Rigging & Crating is known in the industry for our best-in-class service, professionalism, safety focus, quality methods, and skilled team. We are committed to ensuring that our clients can provide their products & services to the communities that we live in. Our people are our best asset and we invest in training, support, and we promote from within. If you are looking to be a part of a great team, please apply!
The Diesel and Gas Truck/Tractor and forklift mechanic provides maintenance for MEI fleet of Ford and Dodge service trucks (both gas and diesel 250 thru 450), forklifts (6k lb. to Versa Lift 60/80k) Peterbilt and KW tractors and Landoll/KS RGN flatbed trailers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ideal candidate can do mid-level mechanic work on gas and diesel vehicles, routine PM service, brake service and hydraulic systems.
* Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
* Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
* Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing assemblies, components, parts, or systems, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
* Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
* Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
* Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for extensive and complex repairs.
* Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* HS diploma or equivalent
* Minimum two (2) years proven fleet mechanic experience
* Construction industry experience
* Ability to use precision measuring tools ad equipment; hand, power, pneumatic tools
* Rigging experience
* Class A CDL
* Excellent attention to details, thoroughness and interpersonal skills
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Performing General Physical Activities - Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to work in a highly functioning team environment. Display the highest levels of honesty, integrity and professionalism. Take pride in your work and in the company. Communicate openly and strive for peak performance in daily tasks. Know and deliver the quality service MEI's customers have come to expect.
This job description is intended to summarize the type and level of work performed by the incumbent and is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements.