Posted in General Business 21 days ago.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
***2nd Shift Opening***
* Sets up and operates a variety of hand tools such as hammers, files, dremels, vibro-peen tools, drills, presses, low temperature ovens, pullers and hand grinders to perform various operations such as blending, chasing threads, deburring, angle checking, coldworking metals, masking, and braze application.
* Reads and interprets specification manuals, blueprints, templates, and layouts for product specifications such as tooling instructions, tolerances and dimensions. Translates instructions into actions.
* Fits and assembles machined metal parts and sub-assemblies using hand and power tools.
* Manually aligns components for assembly and bolts, screws, dowels or rivets complex series of parts together.
* Verifies dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
* Inspects quality and accuracy of run work.
* Sets up and operates test equipment (e.g., pressure test).
* Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsement for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
* Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
* Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, rework process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals, and MSDS labels.
* Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
* Specialized training in machine shop practices.
* Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident per ITAR regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.