Posted in Other 26 days ago.
Location: Pittsford, New York
Are you ready to apply your expertise to a rewarding career with a leader in the hospitality industry? Join the DelMonte Hotel Group team! We are currently seeking experienced and driven candidates just like you to serve as a Hair Stylist.
You will play a key role to ensure a great guest and colleague experience. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement. Become part of our family and see why so many of our associates have made DelMonte Hotel Group their career home. Contact us today – we’re waiting to hear from you!
As a Hair Stylist, you will perform hair treatments on clients
Your specific duties in this role will include:
• Analyze and consult with client regarding hair care prior to service.
• Perform hair treatment including cuts, colors, blow outs and up-dos.
• Utilize suggestive selling techniques to upgrade clients’ hair services.
• Maintain knowledge of proper treatment methods as well as the dangers and limitations of any chemical being used.
• Educate client on how to obtain the same look from home.
• Promote retail sales of hair products and other spa retail products.
• Prepare station set-up for clients, complying with all sanitation procedures.
• Perform opening and closing side work per checklists.
• Ensure guest satisfaction through proper technique.
• Encourage clients to re-book services and actively self promote within the community.
• Perform services in the pre-determined time scheduled while maintaining appointment timeliness.
• Stock supplies and maintain organization and neatness in Spa Dispensary, color mixing room and back bar.
• Provide information pertaining to hours and available services of the Spa and hotel, i.e. restaurant, lounge, room service.
• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the Spa and surrounding areas.
We are looking for a self-motivated Hair Stylist with a strong work ethic and a drive to exceed expectations. It is also important that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to establish rapport with guests and colleagues.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• 3 to 6 months related experience and/or training; One year certificate from college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must maintain a valid New York State Cosmetology License.
• Exceptional customer service skills
As a Hair Stylist with DelMonte Hotel Group, you will be part of a hospitality leader that prides itself on cultivating a workplace that feels like home and that brings out the best in you, each and every day. It’s the kind of company where many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career—the kind of place where your strengths will be appreciated, and where each of us can truly be ourselves.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with excellent compensation packages, which may vary somewhat depending on location.
• Competitive pay
• Comprehensive benefit packages for full-time positions
• Hotel room discounts at our locations around the globe
• Discounts on food and beverages
• Professional development and advancement opportunities
See job description