Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Location: delaware city, Delaware
Veolia is the global leader in optimized resource management, providing water, waste and
energy management that contribute to the sustainable development of communities and
industries. In North America, Veolia's 7,800 employees are Resourcing the world by helping our
customers improve their energy efficiency, better manage their water and wastewater, and
recover resources from their wastes. Within Veolia's Regeneration Services Business, the Red
Lion site in Delaware City, Delaware, currently has opportunities for the position of a Chemical
Plant Operator. The Red Lion Plant is a Spent Acid Regeneration Unit that operates
continuously on a 24/7/365 basis.
The Chemical Operator will qualify and work in three different roles: Control Room Operator,
Field Operator, and Loading/Shipping Operator. All three Operators work together to ensure the
site operates safely within Standard Operating Conditions and efficiently. Typical duties of the
operator roles include, but are not limited to the following: The Control Room Operator monitors
and operates equipment and facilities which includes combustion units, scrubbers, absorption
towers, heat exchangers, and tanks via the Distributed Control System (DCS). The Field
Operator operates field equipment, draws process samples, and prepares equipment
for maintenance. The Loading/Shipping Operator prepares railcars for shipment, processes
shipping paperwork, completes electronic transactions for truck and rail shipments, and orders
and receives raw materials. Additional Chemical Operator responsibilities include maintaining
safety standards at all times and initiating and following emergency procedures when
necessary. The Chemical Operator will perform basic maintenance and upkeep on area
equipment. Job tasks are performed in the control room, lab areas, and throughout various
operations of the site.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
● Start up and shut down (normal and emergency) plant systems and components.
● Operate, monitor and control plant systems; visually inspect, monitor equipment and
● Prepares equipment for maintenance work.
● Reviews, follows and, if qualified, revises detailed process operating procedures,
maintenance procedures and safety procedures.
● Troubleshoots equipment to restore to operation.
● Analyzes charts and logs to identify potential or actual problems.
● Identifies system problems to stabilize plant to normal conditions.
● Trains new operators in the area, reinforcing safety and environmental principles.
● Loading and unloading of railcars and tank trucks.
● Perform laboratory analysis of products.
● Clerical duties as required.
● Operate mobile equipment.
● Participate/Lead various site teams.
All applicants must successfully complete onsite assessments to be considered for this
role. Job relocation and/or travel assistance for assessments will not be offered.
The Red Lion site is an integrated sulfuric acid regeneration unit (SAR) adjacent to the
Delaware City Refinery (DCR). The Red Lion site was commissioned in September 2005. The
site provides SAR services to the Delaware City Refinery and other refineries. Sulfur
management services are also provided to DCR by recovering part of the refinery's acid gas
stream. The acid gas stream along with the spent sulfuric acid are processed to manufacture
fresh sulfuric acid. The fresh sulfuric acid is sent via pipeline to DCR or via tank truck or railcar
to other customers.
Successful candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an E-Verify employer
In order to be qualified for this role, the following is required:
● High School Diploma/GED equivalent
● Minimum of 2 years' experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
● Ability to navigate the tools of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. and
learn new computer systems and software applications
● Willing and able to work 12-hour rotating shifts, including overtime, nights, weekends,
holidays and short notice call-in if required
● Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
● Willing and able to work in a High Hazard environment; outdoors, indoors, elevated
heights and confined spaces
● Willing and able to wear required PPE (personal protective equipment) such as steel
toes, hardhat, protective eyewear, face shields, respirator, chemical acid suit, etc.
● Willing and able to climb stairs, ladders; stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, crawl; visual
acuity for close work; able to reach overhead; able to hear and respond to alarms
● Current and valid driver's license - willing and able to obtain powered industrial truck
● Experience maintaining, repairing and troubleshooting industrial equipment/machinery
The following skill sets are preferred by the site:
● High Hazard/Chemical operations experience
● Experience reading and interpreting Schematics, Pipe & Instrumentation Diagrams,
Procedures, Manufactures' Literature, Safety Requirements, General Instructions; ability
to learn and detect process deviations
● Experience operating fork trucks
● Experience with SAP or equivalent Manufacturing Operations software
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.