It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Develops and implements activity therapy treatment plans.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes recreational/leisure therapy treatment goals.
- Evaluates each patient's progress and the effectiveness of recreational/leisure therapy interventions.
- Coordinates therapeutic recreational/leisure activities for both large and small groups. Observes patient response and encourages socialization.
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic recreational/leisure activities in the community.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Health or related field
- Constant standing.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent walking, reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling.
Day Shift (United States of America)
45050010 Child Life
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here