Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Location: Secaucus, New Jersey
Senior Director, Operations Planning
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "World's Most Admired Companies," Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of around $9.44 Billion and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians - and many of the country's leading hospitals and health systems - relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired statusin the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine's Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America's Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron's 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 'Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality' in New Jersey
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information, and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests - such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count - to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics' reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics' long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information, and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Lead Quest Diagnostics' Operational KPI program through partnership with executive Franchise (Idea to Market), Commercial (Market to Order) and Operational (Order to Cash) leaders. Own Continuous Improvement Hoshin responsible for delivering Quality and Service metrics performance across all Regions.
Design, develop and implement Operational Analytics tools throughout Order to Cash functions. Establish embedded operating rhythms and facilitate adoption of tools throughout multiple levels of management to continuously improve established KPIs and systematically optimize capital and labor resources.
Make optimal business decisions for the Senior Management Team from developed multi-variant engineering economic models, statistical forecasting, data research and market intelligence related to $MM RFPs, M&A activities, and production site/scheduling decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Executive leader of Quest Diagnostics' Operational KPI Program
• Develop matrix driven relationships with Idea to Market Franchises, Market to Order regional Commercial leadership, and Order to Cash regional Operations leadership teams to link key indicators to the business performance.
• Ensure adherence to data integrity critical to Operations Metrics to drive business decisions, the basis of senior management regional reviews, and a significant contributor of variable compensation for all company employees.
• Establish, validate, and audit measurement systems of all master data sources for all Operations Metrics.
• Facilitate alignment around Operational Metric definitions, defects, and opportunities.
• Owner of KPI Continuous Improvement Hoshin responsible for improving Quality and Service metrics performance across all regions and Order to Cash functions.
Lead Implementation of Operational Analytics Tools throughout center led functions and regional front line leadership
• Translate master data and multi-variate models into simplified visualization concepts, dashboards and tools facilitating development of Operational Analytics tools.
• Provide training and continuing educational courses to all employees on key data software and developed Operational Analytics solutions.
• Establish and embed Operating mechanisms to leverage Operational Analytics solutions for daily business insights and decisions for regional, center led and executive management staff.
• Serve as the primary conduit between Operations and the IT Data engineering teams to establish precision measurement systems and fully leverage data lake master data into Operational Analytics solutions.
Drive Labor and Capital Resource Optimization throughout Order to Cash Functions
• Organize, plan, and lead historical data analysis to create forward statistical forecasting.
• Collaborate with regional Commercial leadership to integrate local market intelligence and establish region specific forward demand estimates.
• Collaborate with Franchise leadership to collate local demand plans into a single cohesive forward product plan integrating volume and revenue projections.
• Lead and develop comprehensive optimized multi-variate engineering economic models for all Order to Cash processes for senior leadership, $MM capital decisions, M&A activities, Invigorate initiatives, etc.
• MS/BS or equivalent required (Engineering/Statistics degree preferred)
• 10-year minimum work experience in a role requiring:
o Executive level business decisions from engineering economic analysis
o Demonstrated process improvements from operational functions
• A proven track record in visualizing data and translating actionable conclusions to business process leaders
• Expertise in creating, managing, and discerning large master data sets
• Process/Continuous Improvement Expertise (Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification preferred)
• Lean manufacturing expertise
• Expertise in financial modeling and business case development
• Working understanding and experience with all Order to Cash processes
• Software requirements:
o Excel - for data mining and creation of static modeling
o Minitab - for statistical analysis of historical data
o PowerPoint - for executive level presentations
o Arena/Process Model/etc. - for creating stochastic simulations
• Direct experience in influencing operational leaders
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to travel up to 25%
• Business Acumen
• Intellectual Horsepower
• Learning on the Fly
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Innovation Management
• Strategic Agility
• Developing Direct Reports & Others
• Command Skills
• Drive for Results
• Political Savvy
• Comfort around Higher Management
• Customer Focus
• Managing Vision and Purpose
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity / Citizenship.