Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pensacola, Florida
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive team environment. All Nemours associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day to day work with colleagues, patients and families.Nemours is seeking a Pediatric Respiratory Therapist full-time to join our team in Pensacola, Florida. Able to perform duties in our outreach clinics when needed- Bonifay (monthly), Ft. Walton (weekly) as well as fill in at our main clinic in Pensacola if necessary
This position is responsible for:
1. Performing all aspects of pulmonary function and related testing. Demonstrates knowledge of pulmonary anatomy, physiology and pathology
2. Performs routine and specialty pulmonary function testing, stress testing, and metabolic assessment testing.
3. Performs quality controls and ensures preventative maintenance is completed on diagnostic equipment.
4. Maintains and orders supplies necessary for outreach clinics.
5. Assist with patient flow of clinic.
6. Ensure provider’s orders are carried out:
7. Ensures medications are safely stored in an appropriate area as designated by law, and that medication expiration dates are evaluated on a monthly schedule.
8. Ensures accurate ICD-10 and CPT-4 codes are recorded.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.