Posted in Engineering 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Industry: Oil & Gas Department: Electrical Engineering
Employment Type: FT Regular Part-Time Available: No
Eligible for US Work Authorization Sponsorship: No
FLSA Exemption: Exempt (Eligible for Straight-Time Overtime)
The Sr. Electrical Engineer is to be responsible for the development and implementation of all electrical design requirements for the project. This person is to be familiar with all power generation, distribution, protection and related control systems as well as client provided specifications and all applicable industry codes and standards. The Sr. Electrical Engineer coordinates with other disciplines to insure an integrated design meeting the project requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead an electrical design team design in developing all electrical power generation, distribution, protection and/or related control systems for projects;
· Preparation and review of power/control philosophies and drawings;
· Preparation and review of electrical generation, distribution, rotating, communication and control equipment specifications and datasheets;
· Preparation, analysis and review of electrical models using ETAP, EDSA or SKM
· Preparation and review of electrical system calculations;
· Preparation and review of construction drawings depicting equipment locations, wiring, tray layouts, supports, and lighting;
· Preparation and review project/client specifications and requirements; provide alternatives and recommendations as required;
· Preparation and review of layouts and plans for electrical buildings and facilities;
· Preparation and review of AC and DC load lists from mechanical equipment lists and control systems;
· Preparation and review of DC and UPS distribution systems;
· Preparation and review of electrical drawings and construction packages;
· Preparation and review of Electrical Area Classification drawings;
· Preparation and review of test and commissioning procedures;
· Preparation and review of electrical fabrication and construction details;
· Provide support for the preparation of Pre-FEED and FEED cost estimates;
· Provide engineering support to procurement of equipment, skidded packages, and buildings;
· Support and assist field engineering teams during construction, test and commissioning;
· Test and commissioning of packages and electrical systems;
· International and domestic travel is required.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· The candidate must have a BS or MS (preferred) degree in Electrical or Electronics engineering;
· The candidate must be a registered professional engineer or be able to apply for and obtain registration within 12 months of employment;
· Ten years demonstrated experience designing and implementing electrical power generation and distribution systems for the offshore oil and gas industry, onshore gas processing or hydrocarbon storage and transportation required;
· Demonstrated experience working within project centered multi-discipline teams;
· Demonstrated experience preparing project cost estimates;
· Demonstrated experience preparing specifications for procurement, construction, testing and commissioning of electrical generation, distribution, rotating, communication and control equipment such as generator sets, variable frequency drives, low voltage and medium voltage motor control systems and switchgear, and integrated motor control center buildings, distributed control systems, PLC panels, etc.;
· Demonstrated knowledge of appropriate portions of ANSI/NEMA/NFPA/API/UL/IEEE codes and standards;
· Demonstrated knowledge of IEC standards and practices;
· Demonstrated experience leading factory acceptance testing of package equipment;
· Demonstrated experience providing engineering support to construction, testing, commissioning and startup of electrical facilities;
· Capability and availability to make offshore and other client site trips.
· Work is primarily conducted in an office environment (Private or Semi-Private Office) but also requires occasional travel to off-site work locations;
· Field duties require outdoor work in a construction site type atmosphere;
· Interaction with other team members, as well as supervisors and client personnel;
· Working on a construction site or in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels
· Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection;
· May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes;
· May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
Physical Requirements (With or without Reasonable Accommodation):
· Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds;
· Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities which permits employee to communicate effectively;
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time;
· Sufficient vision or other powers of observation which permits employee to conduct analysis and investigations;
· Sufficient manual dexterity which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
· Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Drug Free Workplace:
EDG Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to a drug free workplace. Applicants are subject to both pre-employment hair and urine drug screens.
Post-hire, employees are subject to random, periodic, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug testing which may include both hair and urine drug screens. In addition to the requirements of EDG?s drug free workplace program, employees may be required to sign, acknowledge and comply with drug free workplace policies or programs required by clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.