Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Plans and prepares production scheduling to achieve the most efficient and profitable production schedule and to provide on time delivery to the customer.
Summary of Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
• Creates production schedule by reviewing work order specifications, current schedule and availability of equipment, materials and employees, to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
• Confers with department management/supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
• Examines material delivered to production departments to verify conformance to specifications.
• Arranges in-plant transfer of materials to meet production schedules.
• Computes amount of material required to complete job orders.
• Compiles and maintains records such as material inventory, in process production reports and status and location of materials.
• Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
• Maintain working knowledge of customer quality requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong organizational skills and analytical problem-solving ability;
• Ability to manage changing priorities and multiple tasks;
• Customer focused
• HS Diploma
• 1-3 years of experience in a scheduling type position preferred
• Knowledge of the steel industry, steel applications
Kloeckner Metals Corporation (KMC) has its North American headquarters in Roswell, GA, and is a subsidiary of Klöckner & CO, based in Duisburg, Germany. Kloeckner Metals is among the largest producer-independent distributors of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service center companies in the European and American markets combined. Kloeckner Metals has 50 locations in the U.S. and is located in 25 states. Kloeckner Metals services more than 13,000 metalworking businesses around the United States, Mexico and Canada.
Kloeckner Metals Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Visit us at www.kloecknermetals.com to learn more about us and see other opportunities nationwide. Follow us on social media on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/kloecknermetals and LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/kloeckner-metals-corporation and review our latest videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFmRpYYYLATpfqbDa74fUkA