Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
The Front End Web Developer Co-Op will report to the Technology Manager of Core Digital, JPMC's internal digital agency. This role will support the Front-end Experience Developers for Core Digital, assisting with all projects delivering quality UX experiences. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
• Web UI development
o Building user interfaces for our digital properties through Adobe Experience Manager and/or latest HTML framework
o Troubleshooting and resolving cross-browser and cross-platform support issues.
o Optimizing web sites for maximum speed and scalability
o Managing day-to-day efforts to ensure smooth & efficient website updates including production updates, trafficking assets, code changes, and collaborating on new initiatives
o Working with IT/Development teams for build projects - requirements gathering and ongoing maintenance of all websites
o Collaborating with other front and back-end Developers
o Remaining current with the latest digital design trends and tools
o Handling production work, as needed, to meet project deadlines
• Collaboration with design, business analyst, project management, and content production teams
o Collaborating with marketing, digital strategy and designers to ensure design quality and consistency of web pages.
o Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
o Liaising with design teams to manage requirements and delivery of all website assets
o Assisting with requirements definition, specifications, design, development and timelines for key initiatives
o Collaborating on project management of key initiatives as needed
o Assisting with the conceptualization and development of cross-platform design that meets the high demands and requirements of the business as needed
o Collaborating with Copywriter, Program Manager, Platform Manager, Creative Services, Marketing, Sales, Legal and Compliance
o Collaborating with marketing and design to develop and launch A/B tests.
• Strong foundation in front end web development
• HTML5 (required)
• CSS3 (required) and CSS pre-processors (Less preferred)
• Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Experience with modern web frameworks (Bootstrap preferred; Node.js/React a plus)
• Solid understanding of responsive design
• Experience with web site optimization
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
• Knowledge of optimizing graphics for different platforms
• Good understanding of SEO principles
• Experience adhering to ADA WCAG 2.0 AA compliance (preferred)
• Experience working with Content Management Systems (Adobe Experience Manager 6.x preferred)
• HTML Templating Language (HTL) and Sightly
• Component development
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git, BitBucket preferred)
• Proven success working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Ability to manage multiple, on-going timelines, as well as daily "rush" requests
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload
• Flexibility to adapt to changing design requirement
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Strong communication and presentation skills with audiences across all levelsChase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans