Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plano, Texas
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co provides legal services and advice to the Firm globally. Legal is responsible for, among other things
• managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
• advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
• advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
• managing dispute resolution
• interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
• advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
• providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions.
There is currently a vacancy for a full-time Documentation Specialist.
The successful candidate will:
• Learn to quickly differentiate between the features of a wide variety of complex structured products linked to equity, credit, rates, commodities and currency exchange rates.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the execution of JPM securities and CD offerings; be responsible for identifying suitable precedent documents and drafting the documents needed in connection with the launching, pricing and settling of securities transactions.
• Be responsible for completing various administrative tasks and processes related to tracking and analyzing securities and certificate of deposit offerings.
• Learn and understand the various technologies, virtual platforms and applications involved in the documenting and recording of trade details and product information.
• Work extensively with the Business and Legal, Tax, Middle Office, Sales/Trading, and Operations Departments, as well as outside counsel, on a wide range of issues related to securities and documentation.
This position requires that the candidate work in a team atmosphere as well as independently. Candidate will display a high level of initiative/motivation and be effective and clear in interaction with peers, marketers, traders and other stakeholders. The position requires: 1) the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision in an very fast-paced environment, 2) the ability to manage a large volume of transactions under tight deadlines, and 3) being comfortable with a workload that varies from day to day.
• Detail oriented;
• Professional attitude;
• Ability to exercise mature judgment and adhere to policy guidelines;
• Extremely organized and able to handle multiple assignments and competing priorities in a very fast-paced environment;
• Ability to learn quickly, work independently and as a team player;
• Ability to work extended hours to meet stakeholder deadlines;
• Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of an organization both internally and externally;
• Background or demonstrated interest in financial services industry and technology solutions a plus.
• All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans