Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
CIB - Securities Services -Product Development VP - Investment Manager Middle Office Services - New York, NY
About J.P. Morgan Securities Services
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across Banking, Markets and Investor Services. The world's largest corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
The Securities Services business provides middle office services, custody, accounting and administration for investment managers and asset owners, including mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity, real estate funds, pension funds, and fund of funds.
J.P. Morgan Investment Middle Office Services (IMOS) provides institutional investors with the capabilities to enable them to outsource their post-trade execution "middle office" operational activities. The product delivers capability across trade services, lifecycle management, investment record, asset servicing and treasury services across all asset classes. It is designed to be sold as a bundle with other Securities Services products (e.g. Custody and/or Fund Services) and is client segment (asset managers, asset owners and alternatives) and region agnostic. It leverages the Bank's platforms to deliver scale and drive a global service model.
The MOS Product Development VP will drive design and delivery of key aspects of the strategic middle office product, leveraging firm-wide capabilities to implement efficient and competitive product solutions. This individual will define the roadmap and priorities based on current client mandates and potential new funds and execute on that roadmap. The individual will work with product management, sales and service teams, and technology to build out and link together key product components for middle office. The MOS offering covers functionality across trade validation and enrichment, confirmation, settlements, collateral management, asset servicing, trading asset records, reconciliations, reporting/portal/data services, all across multiple asset classes. In addition to interfacing with clients and product teams, this role offers an opportunity to further develop expertise across custody and trading products, asset manager and market processes. Given the pace of change, responsibilities of the role will include strategic thinking on FinTech, Big Data, etc. to provide a competitive product to the market.
The primary responsibility will be managing further build out of the IMOS cash and securities settlement and position keeping platforms, the objective being to deliver enhancements through operating model efficiencies, increased product coverage as well as scalability for further client onboarding.
The candidate will also assist with driving the strategic vision for the platform with senior Operations and Technology stakeholders as we onboard further products and processes, hence strong cross functional and cross asset class skills are a must.
Hands on experience of operational processes, risk and control, and subsequent creation of requirements and operating models will be necessary. The ability to relate these requirements to data attributes, models and messaging will be essential in order to maintain a close delivery partnership with technology teams.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
• Design and deliver against the strategic IMOS roadmap through the full project life cycle, including analysis, design of the client/user experience, service model and testing / migration of the components for delivery.
• Experience designing and implementing solutions, either for clients, improvement of internal processes, or new products including documentation of business requirements, development of the roadmap, and plan / timelines for execution.
• Subject matter expertise on middle office trade and position management, the investment data structures to support the processing, and it's use by large asset managers across asset classes
• Identify opportunities for product improvement and differentiation, efficiency and standardization, present and drive process improvements
• Partner with the technology team to execute the development of the toolset, providing requirements and ensuring delivery is on time and on budget
• Communicate progress of the product development effort with all levels of the organization to keep team members and leadership apprised of progress and challenges.
Qualifications / Experience:
• Strong experience of cash settlement and lifecycle event processing for a wide variety of instruments, including securities, money markets and complex derivatives
• In depth understanding of related financial messaging standards
• Minimum five years experience designing and creating new products, providing client focused solutions or enhancing existing products
• Experience with one or more of the above middle office service functions or products, ideally at an asset manager or trading desk, or other business line that provides middle office related services, such as Prime Brokerage
• Energetic self-starter with ability to drive delivery of the strategic vision with demonstrated effectiveness leading a multi-disciplinary team
• Excellent communication capabilities, clearly and succinctly message with appropriate level of detail to cross-functional teams, senior management, and clients
• Strong collaboration skills, able to work with many different individuals and partner effectively with different groups
• Strong program management skills, must be organized and able to develop a program plan and break down into achievable deliverables
• Proven track record of effectively resolving issues and conflicts to ensure timely deliveryJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans