Posted in Automotive 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Savannah, Georgia
With thousands of employees worldwide, teamwork and collaboration are valued here. We look for employees who are driven, determined and ready to accelerate their future. By joining our team, you will earn competitive pay, benefits, insurance, 401k, pension and more while working in an environment with the highest safety standards in the industry. The Position: Responsibilities:
A Branch Mechanic performs multiple tasks related to preventative maintenance and repair of heavy-duty trucks. Using hand tools, measuring instruments, and power tools to make quality repairs, installments and maintaining of equipment, parts and components of the following: dry vans, flatbed, reefer, truck bodies, and specialty trailers.
• Inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose and perform quality maintenance and repair of trailers.
• Build, rebuild, and repair all parts of trailer equipment to specifications as assigned.
• Read and understand job orders ensuring corrective action and the documentation of repair processes to company standards.
• Assist other mechanics on work orders/jobs requiring assistance.
• Provide excellent customer service to communicate with customers and vendors and effectively resolve issues.
We look for employees who are driven, determined and ready to accelerate their future. By joining our team, you will earn competitive pay, benefits, insurance, 401k, pension and more while working in an environment with the highest safety standards in the industry.
Requirements: Why Should You Apply? Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Ability work with hands to use tools and work on mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance task by following foreman and manager’s instruction.
• Ability to install the following parts: cross members, panels, posts, rails, door equipment, flooring, lights, wiring, brakes, valves, airlines, wheel end components, landing gear, frame assembly, and other parts; requiring the ability to lift up to 50 Ibs.
• Ability to examine system parts & safety devices looking for damage, excessive wear, and structural deficiencies on all types of trailers.
• Previous mechanical, carpentry, or technician experience.
• Must furnish own hand tools.
• A favorable background screening, Physical & Drug Screening, and proof of work authorization in the United States is required for employment.
• Like mechanical, dynamic manual work using your hands? That’s what you’ll be doing!
• Love teamwork? We hire GREAT people.
• Want to make a difference in the USA? Our Trailers are on the roads everywhere transporting every type of product. You will have made that possible.
• We offer quick advancement, bigger, better pay and the opportunity to become a Master Technician through our ASE-certified training program.
• Work schedule is usually Monday – Friday day shift; 8 hours per day with occasional Saturday work.
Why Should You Apply?
Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer