Posted in General Business 2 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
MEDICAL RECORDS ASSISTANT
In collaboration with the Medical Records Manager, the Medical Records Assistant is responsible for all facets of medical records management.
1. Responsible to the Medical Records Manager.
2. Works closely with the Medical Director, Providers and Office Personnel.
RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITIES:
1. Ensure that medical records are maintained in order that they are readily accessible for client care.
2. Manage release of medical information from the medical record, in accordance with established protocols, assuring compliance with confidentiality and other laws and regulations.
3. Responsible for the everyday maintenance of Electronic Medical Records.
4. Ensure that documents faxed to Medical Records are distributed to appropriate staff and/or scanned into Logician.
5. Assist in the scanning and importing of scanned documents using Docutrak.
6. Ensure that all documents sent via e-mail connection are imported into Logician and routed to appropriate provider.
7. Assist in organizing the content of the medical record in an efficient way to allow for ease of use and information gathering activities (i.e., audits).
8. Ensure that reports, client information and all miscellaneous information are filed appropriately, after review, into the chart in a timely manner.
9. Responsible for the storage of active and non-active records.
10. Attend and participate in staff meetings and other Health Center meetings as directed. If absent, responsible for reading minutes of meetings and signing the documentation.
11. Attend mandatory safety-related and infection control in-services as designated by the Senior Management Team.
12. Assist the Medical Records Supervisor with training and orientation of new medical records staff.
13. Assures inventory of medical records supplies.
14. Sensitivity to cultural diversity of population being served.
15. Other responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
In addition, individual must possess these knowledge and these skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation using some other combination of skills and abilities and to posses the necessary physical requirements with or without the aid of mechanical devices to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
1. Physical requirements include ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; pick, pinch, type or otherwise work primarily with fingers; stand for sustained periods of time and move about on foot to accomplish tasks, raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; apply pressure to an object with fingertips; sustain substantial movement of wrists, hands and/or fingertips.
2. Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
3. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and make fine discrimination in sound.
4. Ability to interact effectively with people of varied educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds, skill levels and value systems; to work with frequent interruptions and to respond appropriately to unexpected situations. Excellent listening skills.
5. Ability to exert up to twenty (20) pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, punch, pull, or otherwise move objects. Primary functions involve sitting, as well as stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching; walking, particularly for long distances, and standing for sustained periods of time.
6. Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with visual inspection involving small anatomical or physiological details as well as the whole patient, preparing and analyzing data and figures, accounting, computer terminal operation, extensive reading, and visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
7. Excellent written, verbal communication and social skills.
8. Ability to endure periods of heavy workload or excessive stress.
9. Ability to wear equipment such as safety glasses, gowns, etc.
10. Knowledge of database and spreadsheet software systems. Computer skills preferred and basic financial skills, as well as analytical skills for trend and situational analysis desired.
11. Ability to transport self to meetings, event and affiliated vendors.
12. Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
13. Based on the mental requirements of the position, please check below the ADA statement that best fits the position. Choose ONLY ONE from below:
1. Education/Training: High school diploma or GED.
2. Experience: No prior experience required.
3. Knowledge/Skills: Well-organized, self-directed, the ability to learn quickly.