Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Counterparty Stress and Exposure team is seeking an Associate to support credit exposure analysis of complex transactions, and portfolio level analysis for derivatives and other traded products in the Americas region across the entire firm. The team work collaboratively to cover all markets and products within the region (such as FX, Rates, Commodities, Equities, Credit Derivatives, and Securities Trading/Financing). Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for the below:
• Providing support to Credit Officers in the Americas on counterparty credit exposure calculations (such as Forward-looking- and stress- exposures) for new deals with complex structures or relatedness, including the explain and challenge of calculations by the business
• Acting as subject matter expert on credit exposure for derivatives and securities, providing advice to Credit Officers and helping guide methodology and policy updates
• Having oversight over calculated credit exposures for derivatives and securities, including the calculation and review of exposure overrides (e.g. specific wrong way trades, margin loans)
• Supporting project implementation (methodology and technology) and stress testing for both internal usage and regulatory requests, such as Stress and Exposure Limits, CCAR, and Counterparty Portfolio Loss metrics
• Acting as private side advisory to Credit Officers on distressed counterparties, providing assistance on derivatives issues for these clients, including helping to coordinate ISDA close-out processes
• Working with QR on credit exposure modelling development, providing guidance and training on material methodology releases or model limitations to Credit Officers, liaising with Credit Officers on impact analyses from model changes
• Partnering with Markets Sales and Trading and Credit Portfolio Managers on development and rollout of counterparty credit exposure framework for structures where expert judgement required
• Strong all-round knowledge of trading products, spanning derivatives on the major asset classes (interest rates, equities, credit derivatives, commodities, FX, etc.) and repos, including exotic structures on these
• Appreciation of the main risk drivers for traded products, including ideally an understanding of the counterparty credit exposure. Knowledge of legal documentation including the mechanics of collateral arrangements is desirable.
• Must be highly numerate, very good with Excel, and have prior experience of working in a quantitative or analytical role that covered complex structures and their risks. Relevant experience may have been gained in credit or market risk management, or a derivatives front or middle office area for example
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be articulate, and be able to explain technical concepts to non-specialists. Able to adjust communication style for a variety of situations and be able to hold their ground as required
• Strong sense of accountability and ownership of responsibilities, must be diligent, self-motivated. Must be confident and commercial, and have the conviction to challenge and make a risk judgment, stick to it and be able to articulate why this is the case
• Strong time management skills and comfort with dynamically shifting priorities, timelines, and demandsJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans