Posted in General Business 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Commercial Banking (CB) provides comprehensive solutions, including lending and treasury services, to corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion, as well as real estate investors and owners.
Control Management (CM) maintains a strong and consistent control environment across the firm. With Control Managers appointed for each Line of Business, Function and Region, there is a comprehensive coverage and joint accountability model with the business executive that promotes early operational risk identification and assessment, effective design and evaluation of controls and sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk.
Control Management focuses on four areas:
1) Control design and expertise
2) Risks and controls identification/assessment
3) Control breaks and resolution
4) Control governance & reporting
The CB Finance & Business Management (F&BM) Control Management team is responsible for the oversight, governance and development of the control environment including, but not limited to: developing and administering the Control and Operational Risk Evaluation (CORE) framework, issue and action plan management, audit prep and management, control metrics and reporting, business resiliency, and user tool identification and controls.
The Control Manager Associate will be a part of an independent team within F&BM to assist with the development, implementation and execution of various compliance and risk management initiatives, projects and process improvements across the F&BM organization.
• Assist with the development, implementation and execution of various risk and control related projects. Includes cross LOB and Commercial Banking work streams.
• Perform data analysis to support and drive key initiatives and projects as assigned
• Provide business analysis and project management support for a variety of risk management initiatives and projects
• Work with the Control Manager(s) and other team members to support the risk and control program
• Prepare presentation materials to be shared with senior management and other relevant stakeholders as needed
• Assist in issue and action plan development, as well as gathering evidence and documenting appropriate support for issue closure.
• Bachelor's degree, with concentration in business (finance/accounting or related field preferred)
• 3-5 years of experience in financial services industry with background in controls, audit, quality assurance, operational risk management, or compliance preferred; or equivalent subject matter expertise in a relevant business related function/operation
• Strong work ethic and highest integrity
• Project Management skills to lead / support complex, risk-based initiatives
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) required and data analytics preferred using Excel, Access
• Business knowledge - ability to understand the business / knowledge of regulation surrounding business
• Communication/presentation - excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence business leaders in a meaningful and actionable manner
• Networking - strong interpersonal skills; strong collaboration and relationship building skills
• Work autonomously to affect change - flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
• Decision Making/Judgement - moderate level of independent decision making using sound judgement
• Problem solving / Analytical skills - solid critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills; able to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate appropriate conclusions
• Implementation skills
o Writing Action Plans, Procedures
o Change Management
• Reporting / Analytics - ability to generate reporting, metrics, KRI/KPI, scorecards in support of CM evaluation of operational risk and controls, support input and reporting of LOB-wide issues and action plans
• Tools / Technology - ability to participate in testing of technology platforms as well as writing of test scripts
• Project Management - skilled to lead and / or support complex, risk-based initiatives and liaise with firmwide program leadsJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans