Posted in General Business 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Ohio
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
• Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
• Understanding of architecture and design across all systems.
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets.
• Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices.
• Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture.
• Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages.
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement.
• Development experience and knowledge of big data technologies like Hadoop/HIVE/Spark, Scala, Python, HBase, Cloudera.
• 3+ years of professional experience with Hadoop/HDFS/MapReduce.
• 3+ years of experience with NoSQL data stores (preferably Cassandra).
• 3+ years of relational database software development experience (Oracle).
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with data architecture, data modeling, database design and data warehousing.
• 5+ years of experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation.
• Familiar with development tools such as Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, etc.
• Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
• Troubleshoot and resolve data processing issues.
• 3+ Years of experience into Agile (Scrum) methodology.
• Prepare unit test cases and validate the results for accuracy.
• Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to Big Data domain.
• Responds promptly and professionally to bug reports.
• Experience providing analysis of current programs which includes performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs and designing solutions to problematic programming.
• Experience documenting code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
• Fair understanding of Cloud technologies.
• Some knowledge of Scala and Python languages.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans