Posted in General Business 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
• Individual will be responsible for supporting state of the art proprietary applications provided to our Prime Broker, Security Services, and JP Morgan Markets clients and the resolution of issues which require interaction with hedge fund managers, traders, operations managers, compliance personnel and their vendors as well as internal groups including Operations, Application Development, Operate and Product Management among others
• Provide technical support and resolution for various applications hosted on JP Morgan Markets portal, their functionality (Corporate Actions, Money Transfer, Trade Reporting, Settlement Exceptions, Transaction Execution, Reporting, etc.) and the information (Transaction, Position, Balance, P&L, Exception, etc.) they provide
• Documenting the details of the client or vendor experience and following the issue through resolution if it needs to be escalated. Heavy client and inter-departmental interaction, via an ACD telephone system and/or via email, is required
• Inquiry Investigations: Over 80% of the inquiries require detailed analysis and an understanding of how the issue is impacting the user/client and the functions they're trying to perform, determining how they are using our products and recommend alternatives, having a thorough understanding of how transactions are processed (end to end), understanding how entitlements are established and maintained, and finally understanding how transaction data (reports/files/applications) is presented and distributed to determine the appropriate course of action to pursue
• Client Interactions: functional supported include client access, connectivity issues, training, entitlement, late deliverables, and navigation assistance in the JP Morgan Markets website
• Incident resolution: Identifies, investigates, escalates and manages application incidents through to resolution / Become a primary contact and represent the Support Teams while facing off to Production Management (Operate) and other technology teams
• Training: Be able to communicate technical specifications in simple terms to all levels of the organization / Become Subject Matter Expert / Relate business expectations back to the various technology groups / Act as an escalation within the team / Develop an in-depth understanding of application and infrastructure
• Strong Business Partnership: Manage end-user client relationship on a day to day basis / Manage business requirements and implement solutions
• Application management: Specializes and develops expertise in one or more applications / Resolves user-based queries in a timely fashion / Update and Manage own problem tickets appropriately / Flexibility of weekend working where required for post-production release checkout
• Continuous Improvement: Contributes to continuous improvement within the team / Pro-actively supports knowledge sharing within the team and across regions / Analyses system support processes to achieve continuous improvement. Identify trends from ticket analysis and provide recommendations to production management, application development and infrastructure teams to improve technology performance and efficiency.
• People Management: Maintains an informed status by attending meetings for relevant information and communicates appropriate information to team / Promotes teamwork in problem resolution
• Assist in tool development to improve experience of the team, Knowledge Systems, Scripts to automate some manual tasks etc.
• They should be able to learn system workflows and document those flows and any dependencies
Management and Communication Responsibilities:
During client impacting systems incidents:
• The escalation of client impacting incidents to the relevant technical Production Management, Production Assurance and Business Recovery teams. Invoking the P1 incident process when necessary
• Provide plain English notifications to Client Service personnel regarding the status of client facing application incidents
• Attend technical and management bridges in order to communicate client impact and experience, drive the client focus to ensure the technical partners are aware of client impact and urgency. Verify the restoration of service
Skills and Knowledge Required: (specialized technical skills, training or education required to perform the job)
• Position requires Brokerage or Securities Industry experience and superior written, verbal, and problem solving skills. Applicant should have the ability to understand the business impact of the issues being presented, take appropriate action and as necessary communicate with all levels within the Line of Business. Strong capacity for operating in a flexible, dynamic environment where creative and strategic thinking is required
• Applicant should have a college degree and 5+ years of work experience
• Ideal candidate is a team player with strong customer service and organizational skills, ability to multitask and keen attention to detail
• Solid PC skills required including: Experience with WIN Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, standard and http internet protocol, troubleshooting PC and browser issues. Mainframe, Rumba/CICS, FTP and/or Portfolio Application experience a plus
• Self-starter with confidence to drive issues through to completion in highly pressured environment. Strong research, investigation and evaluation skills, with a structured approach to problem solving.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans