Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
As a Digital Innovation Senior Associate Product Manager, you will push the boundaries of what is possible and innovate quickly in a rapidly evolving field. You will be involved in the end-to-end product development process, from strategy through to feature analysis and execution
The successful candidate will demonstrate the curiosity, passion, and tenacity required to solve complex problems in the largest investment bank in the world. If you are excited to make a difference and want to transform capital markets, we want to speak with you.
In this role, you will:
• Work within a multi-disciplinary organization, partnering with business, design, and engineering teams to build genuinely transformational client-facing solutions.
• Help define the roadmap for new offerings and enhancements to existing offerings to better solve the problems that our clients face or suit their needs
• Contribute to the overall vision and strategy for the product, and delivery of the agreed-upon road-map
• Consistently exhibit Design Thinking and customer centric problem solving
• Develop a sharp value proposition around scalable solutions that will address problem statements for clients
• Use data both to inform product development, as well as within products to offer a richer and more personalized client experience
• Monitor competitors, competitive products, and trends to ensure we maintain a leading position in the market
• 2-4 years of product management experience building products from conception to launch.
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience in a wholesale financial services organization is vital
• Experience with end-to-end software product delivery
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience overseeing a roadmap strategy and definition
• Strong multi-disciplinary collaboration skills - particularly working closely with engineering and design colleagues to drive progress
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Open and transparent working style, with the ability to communicate up and down
• Entrepreneurial spirit & ability to wear many hats with minimal direction
• Strong bias for data-driven decision-making
• Quick decision-making abilities demonstrating bias for action under tight timing and pressure
• Demonstrated user obsession
• You are intellectually curious, see things differently, and challenge the status quo; you are not afraid to ask questions
• You have the ability to navigate a matrixed organization and the ability to influence peers by articulating the product offering and value to business partners
• Strong grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies
• Technical background or familiarity working with engineers towards building products is a must-haveJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans