Posted in General Business 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, Delaware
The Financial Accounting, Infrastructure and Reporting team is accountable for the integrity of the books and records of the Firm / LOBs and leading large-scale data, infrastructure, accounting standard and business process change management events.
The Corporate Finance Chief Data Office (CDO) as part of the Financial Accounting, Infrastructure and Reporting team is responsible for providing fit for purpose data required by Corporate Finance and driving data governance and policy adherence to the Firmwide Data Management standards and capabilities.
• Partner with senior stakeholders and Finance & T/CIO CDO leadership team to support the delivery the following data capabilities for a prioritized book of Derivatives work
o Data Requirements - Drive provisioning of fit-for-purpose data by working with consumers to identify data requirements. Advise and partner with consumers such as: Finance, Liquidity, Capital, Credit Risk, and International Regulatory Reporting
o Data Sourcing - Drive efforts to source authoritative data based upon data requirements for on-boarding to Finance & T/CIO architecture. Own business cases for Finance and T/CIO derivatives demand in annual CIB Tech investment proposal process advocating for funding for portfolio of consumer demand with CIB Tech
o Data Lake Governance represent CDO in data model governance process for Everest Data Lake supporting Derivatives sourcing and consumer onboarding. Partner with Information Architects on data model approvals.
o Data Quality - Facilitate resolution and oversight of the book of data quality issues and data sourcing gaps; ensure issues are clearly understood for prioritization and resolution and linkage to adjustments, demand, technology jiras, CIB Tech Investment Proposals, and relevant metrics
o Data Quality Controls - Ensure data integrity by identifying and overseeing implementation of data quality controls within Finance & T/CIO applications and upstream LOB applications
• Support CDO leadership team in preparing for Finance & T/CIO forums to communication status of work, drive framing and rollout of CDO strategy, and advise on overall data health
• Partner with senior stakeholders (i.e., BM&A, Liquidity Ops, FRRA, Asset Class Controllers) to lead the delivery of the following data capabilities for a prioritized book of product-aligned work
• 8+ years of financial services experience, preferably with project management and/or Controller experience; internal JPMorgan experience preferred
• Previous experience with Derivatives product, bi-lateral and cleared, including the understanding of derivatives data concepts (notional, MTM, OTC products, etc.)
• Solid understanding of financial reporting processes, infrastructure and systems
• Experience in the requirements gathering and documentation process
• Experience with Agile development and background with the software development lifecycle. Ideally, familiarity with Jira
• Background in Finance, Capital, Liquidity, GSIB and/or Credit preferred
• Attention to detail, juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a varied, fast-paced environment
• Able to communicate effectively, drive consensus, and influence relationships at all levels
• Proven ability to lead across LOBs/Functions and geographies; strong interpersonal skills
• Able to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; sound judgment
• Bachelor's degree requiredJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans