Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Jersey City, New Jersey
Control Management is designed to ensure a strong and consistent control environment across the organization from front office to back office, irrespective of line of business or functional area. With control managers appointed for each line of business, function and region, there is a comprehensive coverage/accountability model that promotes firmwide dialogue and consistency in approach and solutions.
The Control Management Controls Room team works collaboratively with other control disciplines and oversees existing control functions as well as the development of new control functions and protocols. The team's objective is to empower the three lines of defense with risk based information to manage their control environment. We achieve this by collecting, analyzing and monitoring firmwide risk-based intelligence to all lines of business and corporate functions.
In this role, you will work with a diverse team of data and analytics professionals to drive the strategy for control management analytics. You will work with Line of Business (LOB) Control Managers as well as partner with our multi-disciplinary Technology and Analytics team members to solve complex problems and provide operational risk insights to drive action within areas of concentrated risk.
The Analytics Strategy Lead will be responsible for leading and executing the strategy for control management analytics including providing insights and trends across the operational risk environment, oversight and/or execution of analytical deliverables, and creating innovative solutions to drive value for the control management organization. The role includes leading the book of work for resources within the team, partnering closely with our technology and automation team on development, and facing off to business stakeholders. The successful candidate will drive and support the following:
• Own the analytics roadmap and lead the team in execution of analytics related deliverables owning the full lifecycle of deliverables, including: communication with key stakeholders, implementation of scalable automated solutions, and overall timeline and resources management
• Lead multiple strategic projects, process enhancements, and control initiatives related to material risk and control programs
• Perform analytics to support the implementation of firm-wide initiatives and delivery of regulatory and executive reporting
• Improve internal risk and control program by performing end-to-end analysis, from data extraction to presentation/report creation, to identify insights and communicate findings to senior management
• Develop an understanding of JPMC's risk and control framework and apply this knowledge to challenge and improve existing analysis
• Partner with line of business and functional control manager teams to identify areas of high risk and implement data-driven solutions to provide value added analysis and influence key decision making
• Partner closely with technology to ensure delivery of proposed solutions
• Manage/participate in multiple project work-streams concurrently
• Minimum ten years of risk, controls, project management, and analytics experience in financial services and/or consulting
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related field with an extensive experience of working with data and analytical problems
• Experience using analytics and visualization tools/libraries (Python, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.) to distill findings into insightful analytical solutions for stakeholders
• Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) (NLTK, spaCy, Gensim, etc.)
• Experience working with large complex data sets, drawing conclusions, and reporting findings
• Experience project managing large scale projects
• Experience working with internal control and risk management is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to communicate with a wide variety of functional groups at various levels
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability
• Flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
• Effective time management and multitasking skills
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans