Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
CCB Data Governance Platform Product Team- VP
JP Morgan Chase & Co - CCB Data & Analytics
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Chase Consumer & Community Bank (CCB) serves 63 million households and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including banking, credit cards, auto finance, payments, mortgages, and investment advice.
The CCB Data Governance Platform enables the Chase data community through software that allows discovery of data that is understandable, ready to use, fit for purpose, and compliant. Our capabilities manage the data lifecycle - registering, cataloging, governing, quality controlling, and reporting - while providing a best-in-class user experience. With data increasingly taking center stage in all aspects of Chase business functions, this role is a unique opportunity to have meaningful impact on a large scale at a leading financial services firm. Our users range from software applications that consume and produce data to data scientists building models to data governors that ensure proper management of data.
The position offers an opportunity to jump start a product owner career while working with cutting edge technologies and apply product development skills to broad range of data management challenges faced by JPMC.
Become trusted advisor and thought leader on business operations
- Establish and manage relationships with current and potential product users
- Develop deep subject matter expertise in key data management and operational domains to drive feature backlog
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity for solving difficult business problems
- Collaborate with unit managers, end users, developers, and other stakeholders to integrate software into operational processes
Help define vision and roadmap for software products
- Bring order to disparate business needs with high tolerance for ambiguity, very strong problem solving ability, and excellent client engagement skills
- Articulate business value for specific features, including defining quantitative and qualitative product success criteria
- Develop product strategy and roadmap that prioritize highest value capabilities
- Continuously measure product performance against business objectives for continuously learning and refinement
- Pivot quickly as client guidance evolves, always keeping the ultimate product objectives in mind. Manage evolving user needs while continuously learning quickly on-the-job
Support product development team to deliver software to meet business needs
- Support product development team to create a strong end-product
- Drive scrum team to meet software expectations through effective communication that bridges business needs and technology capability requirements
- Maintain and refine product backlog through consistent agile ceremonies and events
- Schedule and lead meetings to identify issues and fixes for software products
- Establish and embrace guidelines to ensure consistency and high quality of software features in appearance, tone, and style
- Ability to work in large and medium sized product teams
- Ability to operate in fast paced, detail orientated organization
- Excellent communicator able to convey complex information in an understandable, compelling, and persuasive manner to senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to frame business needs into delivery roadmaps, define development agenda, and execute with precision
- Influencer with great interpersonal skills that can achieve alignment across a range of different views and interests without formal authority
- Strong aptitude for technical concepts and frameworks
- Knowledge of modern product development techniques (e.g., quantitative research, product user interviews, backlog refinement, user story crafting)
- Experience across broad range of product development tools and frameworks (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, A|B Testing, SLDC)
- Educational or on-the-job experience in technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Information Management)Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans