Posted in General Business 2 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elmwood Park, New Jersey
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO's diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation's third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.
The Senior Director of Business Development reports directly to the Sr. Vice President, Advanced Diagnostics. The position will work with cross-functional partners to prioritize business decisions and support SVP in executing strategies for the Advanced Diagnostics vertical. Many of the strategies will be around new initiatives for the organization (ie. COVID testing) and other opportunities.
The Sr. Director of Business Development will work closely with cross functional stakeholders and will become the “expert” on opportunities in the market to include but not limited to: KOL’s, payers, competition, etc. The Sr. Dir of BD will also collaborate closely with commercial sales leadership for existing opportunities and helping to work with sales representatives.
• Understand life cycle business strategy including all elements of brand value/positioning/messaging/market mix for areas of the business of focus
• Execute effective life-cycle management across the segment offerings through robust cross-functional team management
• Research, assess and disseminate competitive and market intelligence to identify and define new opportunities with potential to enhance our value, current product portfolio and its delivery
• Support strategic initiatives defined by SVP and cross-functional partners including development of long-term strategic planning efforts, financial analyses, and product and market forecasts
• Understand and apply key guidelines applicable to initiatives (Ie. COVID CDC/FDA requirements)
• Utilize data and internal sources to drive deep understanding of customer requirements and marketplace trends and refine Oncology value propositions
• Assure the execution of the business plan for the segment (ie. Work with cross-functional team on pricing, contracting, reimbursement, etc.)
• Partner with business leaders to drive sales with consultative selling approach that includes building trust and credibility with KOLs and partners, understand client context and business requirements, connecting clients’ needs to our capabilities, and articulate the benefits of Bioreference Laboratories Inc./GenPath/GeneDX data, analytics and professional services
• Write and present proposals and executive-level presentations
• Voice of opportunities to SVP to tailor approach and strategy to meet local and market needs
• Work with sales representatives on large customer opportunities
• Accountability metrics defined by SVP
o Margin, Cost, Outside spend, Profitability, volume
o Business plan
o Growth rate YOY & CAGR, Market share, account penetration, attrition, overall ROI
• Manage regional training manager who will report directly to the Sr. Director of Regional Business Development
• Assist in training new hires (disease content) with national training manager on areas of new development (where applicable)
• Ability to work on large complex deals with cross-functional business development partners
• Requires Bachelor’s degree; preferably in business and/or marketing management
• Advanced degree preferred
• 10+ years relevant experience – business development and/or commercial
• 5+ years in sales/sales management
• KOL relationships in filed preferred
• Executive presence, composure
• Solid business acumen to include working in a matrix environment
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer