Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
Location: Asheville, North Carolina
Has the responsibility for site HR Generalist activities including employee relations, attendance management, recruiting, record retention, TS 16949 compliance and coordinating all site communication efforts.
• Support all plant floor employee relations activities including hourly staffing, handbook compliance and interpretations and employee corrective action.
• Assist in developing and support HR strategic initiatives
• Maintain HR employee records and all Affirmative Action submissions
• Manage site progression increase program ensuring accuracy.
• Support HR’s compliance with TS 16949 requirements
• Support salaried staffing support as necessary
• Support site Lean efforts. Update all plant lean measures per cadence schedule,
• Assume responsibility for site attendance management program and the achievement of all site attendance measurables.
• Coordinate site attaining any available including state and federal, training or hiring support dollars.
• Coordinate all local STD claims ensuring that employees and company are meeting their obligations on a regular basis.
• Coordinate all site unemployment responses.
• Coordinate site insurance benefit plans..
• Actively participate in community-related activities
• Conducts semi-annual wage/benefit surveys of local industry to determine necessity of a general increase, and responds to all local and Troy salary/benefit surveys.
• Maintains Human Resources information systems and develops reports to aid the HR Department, Finance and Payroll Departments, in tracking and reporting various employee movements or status, performance evaluations, EEO reporting, and benefit costs, etc.
• Develop benefit presentations and hold individual department meetings with all employees to communicate and interpret changes, advising/counseling as necessary.
• Miscellaneous duties include administration of the service award program, the education reimbursement program, attend monthly personnel association meetings, submits various reports, i.e. monthly manpower, quarterly contribution reports, update plantwide and department lottery listings, and training records for all employees, annual conflict of interest/standards of business conduct enrollment cards.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a HR generalist, benefits representative, compensation analyst, etc. preferred
• Experience with Kronos, People Soft software programs is preferred.
• Experience in the automotive and/or manufacturing industry preferred.
• Strong customer service focus required good communication/interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to work independently and respond to customer requests
• Flexible work hours