AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government . We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our Department of Defense Team supports the Department’s national efforts to meet their network transport needs. Our support of DoD includes all aspects of network transport across the Pacific.
AT&T has an opening for Service Manager to support the DoD team, in overseeing personnel and activities supporting the DoD transport team.
The DoD transport team is responsible for surveys, orders, builds, implements, configures, maintains, patches and monitors the network. This includes Network, Systems, and Management and monitoring service. Key accountabilities include the availability, scalability, security and agility of the technologies that make up the network. This individual will have a diversified background of technical infrastructure experience, demonstrated project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills, be an adept leader of people, plus have a superior, service-oriented approach to IT operations. As a member of the team, the role contributes to the development and execution networking capabilities strategy and ensures its alignment with AT&T’s IT and business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success. Main Accountabilities In addition to following AT&T’s and DoD policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the network meets Performance Work Statement requirements and Service Level Agreement objectives, follows Change Management processes and procedures, and provides for continuous adherence to US Government directives.
- Developing, empowering and mentoring the AT&T staff and subcontractor employees, via performance management, growing the team into top performers dedicated to supporting company objectives and finding great new talent. Continuing the development of high performing teams.
- Maintaining monitoring and alerting systems and the associated processes to provide world class support for the network
- Recommending changes to existing business processes when appropriate to drive efficiency.
- Following guidance from the Program Manager and Program Management Engineering and to ensure security on systems is in line with US Government, DoD and AT&T requirements and emerging best practices. Protecting the IT environment from anything that will compromise security, stability or reliability. Quantifying risk and cost in recommending solutions.
- Partnering with, QA, and other teams in the continual improvement of processes and technology evolution with the goal of delivering an extremely high level of availability and reliability.
- Managing system vendors and participating in contract negotiation.
- Maintaining the department documentation and artifact strategy to support the chosen methodology.
- Understanding and communicating/managing the cost of installation as well as ongoing costs.
- Participating in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities with a focus on suitability for integration with the existing IT operations environment.
- Partnering on all change management / deployment activities
- DoD 8570 IAT/IAM/IASAE Level III Certification are
- B.A./B.S. in related field or an equivalent in education and experience Knowledge/Skills
- Knowledge of and ability to use a PC, MS Office Suite, Microsoft Windows, Active Directory Services and DOS, LANs, WANs, telephone systems and related security
- Highly Desired: Sub sea cable transport, large optical network transport.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage a team of IT Managers, professionals and specialists
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role
- Excellent service management planning and execution skills
- Strong IT operations acumen, including cross-domain knowledge and preferably earlier career experience in an individual contributor role in IT operations and engineering.
- Experience in budget planning and financial management
- Success in leveraging both traditional practices, such as IT service management, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimized for agility
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to senior leaders, and business concepts to the I&O workforce.
- Understanding core systems and primary business functions like POS, inventory, HCM and systems integrations.
- Understanding technical concepts like enterprise architecture, SOA, virtualization, servers, database (SQL and Oracle environments), hardware, network, monitoring, firewalls, security, PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, phone systems, and configuration systems. Work Experience
- At least 15 years’ experience in IT systems, with more than five (5) in a leadership role
- Project management and documentation experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field preferred
- Experience with Networking, Fortinet Firewalls, F5 Load Balancers, VM Ware, Hypervisor, Windows Server, Red Hat, Skype for Business, BMC Remedy, and Splunk.