Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Utah
Northwest Pipe Company (NASDAQ: NWPX) is a North American leader in the manufacturing of welded steel pipe and tube. With over 50 years in the business, we provide the highest quality products, at competitive prices, with top-notch support. Becoming part of the Northwest Pipe team means embracing and demonstrating our core values of Accountability, Commitment and Teamwork (ACT). Employee safety, customer satisfaction and manufacturing quality products are our highest priorities.
NWP is looking for dynamic, energetic and career minded people who can make a difference and will immediately contribute towards taking our company to the next level. We currently have one opening for a Forklift operator at our St. George, UT manufacturing facility. There are no relocation funds or employment sponsorship available for this position.
Wage: $16.00-$17.00/hour DOE.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Under ongoing supervision, loads and unloads large concrete products and accessories onto flatbed trucks and trailers, and other materials required by the facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Loads materials and equipment safely and efficiently on vehicles.
· Unloads materials and equipment safely and efficiently.
· Moves product, materials and equipment safely.
· Prepares vehicles and equipment for loads.
· Cuts materials in a safe manner to ensure safe transport of product and equipment
· Counts and marks all materials.
· Operates forklift, crane or other heavy equipment in a safe manner.
· Participates in all inventories.
· Performs other duties as needed by the Shipping Supervisor.
· Conducts safety audits.
· Ensures ISO procedures are performed correctly.
· Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to read preventive maintenance sheets and instruction manuals.
· Writes weekly preventive maintenance reports.
· Uses verbal communication skills on the radio and in working with Laborers, other drivers, and associates from other departments.
· Reads pipe numbers and other markings, including fractions, tape measure, calculates peak loads and rigging loads.
· Operates forklifts, spreader bar, grease gun and gas pump.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· Forklift certification or ability to obtain upon employment.
· Ability to certify on Grader/Loader and other various industrial powered vehicles.
· Overhead Crane certification or ability to obtain upon employment.
WORK HOURS / SHIFT:
· Work hours vary or change based on operational needs.
· Must be able to work overtime as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to touch; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require working outside of standard hours, weekend or evening work, and travel to complete essential duties of this job.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
*Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.